Trapped: The Neighbors Basement

Started by Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero, Thu 13/04/2017 20:31:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero

Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero Presents His First Game Ever:

Trapped: The Neighbors Basement

Plot

You play as the every-day man Nathaniel, right as he gets home from a long day working in a tiny cubicle. Ready to get out of those clothes and into bed for the night, he takes a look out the window across the street and see's his neighbor, Victor,
     behaving strangely. Intrigued and concerned he decides to go investigate, only to find Victor's door wide open. Nathan knocks and shouts for his neighbor but to no answer. Suddenly, the lights are cut and the front door shuts. In an instant Nathaniel is   
     knocked out cold. When he stirs again, he finds himself locked in his neighbor's basement. With only his smarts to guide him, can he solve the puzzles and figure out what exactly Victor is up to? Or will he discover it firsthand when Victor finds him?

Sidenote

I am making this as a test game to explore AGS and get a handle on everything. So the story is rather basic and the number of rooms small. This is made pretty much all by myself except for the royalty free music and sounds from soundimage.org.
     I am also looking for constructive criticism but will start a new thread in the Critic's Lounge that I will hyperlink here when I do :-D Also this might be the first of two games following this story line depending on interest/or more of a demo of the full game.

Screenshots

This is the main room of the basement, some of the lighting doesn't look right because I screwed up and saved over the original...

Inside the supply closet in the basement, looking at the computer which indicates it is from 1995.

Development Progress

Story: 100%
     Coding: 40%
     Graphics: 60%
     Sound: 10%

I'll probably finish in two to three weeks, depends on how much time I get to work on this, as well as try and update it when I can  ;)

Durinde

Neat, I'm doing a similar thing for my first project.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you, I think you are further ahead in development than I.

Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero

Thanks Durinde, I'm glad to hear from someone else who is making a mini/simple project  :-D Do you have a Game in Progress thread yet or still working towards that phase? Took me a little more than a week just to get those two rooms together  8-0

Durinde

Quote from: Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero on Thu 13/04/2017 21:48:35
Thanks Durinde, I'm glad to hear from someone else who is making a mini/simple project  :-D Do you have a Game in Progress thread yet or still working towards that phase? Took me a little more than a week just to get those two rooms together  8-0

Yep, look for "The Dollhouse" thread. I'm on week 3 and still working on my 3rd room. It takes time especially if you are crafting everything yourself.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Unsung[JUKEBOX]Hero

Thanks for the encouragement Cassiebsg!   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk