Embla, what's wrong?

Started by abstauber, Wed 19/04/2017 07:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Why on earth are you participating here with great help and encouragement while on the other hand you delete your posts/accounts on a weekly base. ???

I might have discussed this in private but since the account is gone for good (again): here it is.

qptain Nemo

Don't mind me just something I need to pass on to her: link

Snarky

I'd just like to remind all members that deleting/blanking past posts in a thread is poor form and against the rules of this board.

[delete}

Ahoy qptain_Nemo, great progress, I'm impressed!

Wonderful how the galleon navigates over the black sea, catching a light ocean breeze. I wonder what unknown lands and treasures lie before us.

[delete}

abstauber, thank you for asking.
With a bit of luck, I can keep this "Embla, what's wrong?"- thread (after it has been moved to the Rumpus room), and post only here by re-editing. Just like IceyGames with all things Oceanspirit D.

Hobo

Maybe we should turn this thread into a sanctuary for her posts :-D

I shall start by saving this post from future extermination and mutilation:

Edit: Oh noes, the langoliers are already at it :shocked:

Snarky

Quote from: Amélie on Wed 19/04/2017 12:17:28
With a bit of luck, I can keep this "Embla, what's wrong?"- thread (after it has been moved to the Rumpus room), and post only here by re-editing. Just like IceyGames with all things Oceanspirit D.

As previously mentioned, you're not supposed to keep reediting old posts. The functionality is there to let people update game threads and other announcements (as well as to fix typos and other mistakes), not to wipe out the records of what you have posted. This is not Snapchat: forum threads are intended to be persistent, not something you have to follow in real-time.

So no, don't do this.

[delete}

Hello abstauber,

sorry that this keeps annoying you, I apologize. Yes, I agree, it's pretty disrespectful. It's solely  a personal issue between me and Snarky from the past. The moderators though have the last word and decided to settle this in the background.

So, I'd like to use this PM before my account gets closed to thank you for your community efforts as well as making such lovely games in the past. I liked them, and play them by and then again.

Farewell,
Amélie

Snarky

Quote from: Amélie on Wed 19/04/2017 15:21:13
Hello abstauber,

sorry that this keeps annoying you, I apologize. Yes, I agree, it's pretty disrespectful. It's solely  a personal issue between me and Snarky from the past. The moderators though have the last word and decided to settle this in the background.

So, I'd like to use this PM before my account gets closed to thank you for your community efforts as well as making such lovely games in the past. I liked them, and play them by and then again.

Farewell,
Amélie

Just to set the record straight, to my recollection I have never had a personal conflict with Amélie (though given the multiple accounts, post deletions etc. I can't be sure of everything that may have gone down). In fact, I had no idea what she was talking about until I went back through old moderation logs and discussions on the mod board. Best I can tell, what she is referring to was all a big misunderstanding that I wasn't even involved in initially.

Also, when she is talking about having her account suspended, it's because she has requested that we ban her. My inclination is to give it a day and see how we all feel tomorrow.

[delete}

So I have to wait till first sunrays of dawn, I guess.

* gets brought back into her cell

Just saying, the polite and quiet qptain_Nemo wrote years and years on a fantastic new game engine. This tiny demo he shows here is a world premier. A first glimpse with programming art of an actual much larger commercial game.

He alone deserves attention, and really should be everone's watchlist (Amy makes bookmark-placing sound). Since he will surprise us all with what his team is pulling of.

selmiak

Somebody please tell emelie that when (s)he deletes posts it is not funny :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk