Winsetup scaling issue

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 19/04/2017 18:23:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

I just spent the last half hour giving tech support to a customer whose Winsetup file looked like this on his computer:

The bottom half of the window is missing, so he was forced to go into the config file to change the settings, which led to... weird results.

It turned out that he has a 4k monitor, and scaled everything up by 200% because text was so tiny. When he ran Winsetup.exe, the TEXT scaled up just fine, but the WINDOW did not.

He reset the scaling on his display and the window displayed normally:

Is this an setting that can be taken into consideration in a future update or is this something that's out of our control?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 19/04/2017 18:23:29
Is this an setting that can be taken into consideration in a future update or is this something that's out of our control?

What version of AGS is that? I recall fixing this a while ago.

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 19/04/2017 18:23:29
he was forced to go into the config file to change the settings, which led to... weird results.
What results did he get? I can point a readme which contains explanations of all the config options.

Dave Gilbert

The game in question is Technobabylon, which was... dang it. I forget which version it was. One of the 3.3s. If you've fixed it since, then nevermind!

The "weird" results are in the image. Somehow he ended up with a 0,0 resolution. :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 19/04/2017 18:43:17
The "weird" results are in the image. Somehow he ended up with a 0,0 resolution. :)
The old version was reading game resolution from config, and he probably simply deleted necessary lines. But game can run nevertherless.

According to the changelogs, winsetup's resizing have been fixed in 3.3.2. But I completely rewrote its code later... I think for 3.4.0.
Anyway, someone better test modern version on the monitor that large.

Dave Gilbert

Yeah technobabylon was made in an earlier version of the engine. I will probably have to upgrade it soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk