Author Topic: Guard Duty - Point and Click through Time and Space!  (Read 32596 times)

Re: Guard Duty - Point and Click through Time and Space!
« Reply #160 on: 02 Aug 2018, 13:29 »
Cassie makes a good point. Extra options are always a bonus. :)

« Reply #161 on: 02 Aug 2018, 18:11 »
Thanks for your input all :) We're going to go with B for the time being and if we have the time we will add an option to switch between the two styles. Adding the option is a lot more than just creating the GUI switch, sadly; We'd have to test both systems extensively to ensure they don't cause any bugs that can only be replicated with one style of mouseover (it also involves redesigning the way our inventory windows and subtitled dialogue work, which could cause other conflicts. Best to settle with the majority vote I think, also my personal preference ;)

« Reply #162 on: 17 Jan 2019, 09:51 »
Hold up! An update?

Heck yeah!

Guard Duty has a brand new trailer! Check it out below:

I'm also very happy to announce that Guard Duty will be coming this Spring to Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam! Wishlist the game at the following link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

We're super close to launch now and I couldn't have done it without the support of good folk like yourselves. Thank you!

« Reply #163 on: 17 Jan 2019, 14:07 »
Nice! Hope it releases on other sites as well. :)
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

« Reply #164 on: 17 Jan 2019, 16:17 »
Awesome trailer, it reminds me of the Discworld adventure games!

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #165 on: 17 Jan 2019, 16:34 »
this looks so nice, totally looking forward to it! ;-D

« Reply #166 on: 17 Jan 2019, 21:58 »
i have had the fortunate pleasure of testing this game,  im getting through it slowly but surely and will keep my final thoughts till im finished, but so far this is one of the best ags games ive played without a shadow of a doubt. Just like to say well done and wish you every success.

« Reply #167 on: 18 Jan 2019, 09:50 »
It's on my Wishlist now.  Looks fantastic!  The new trailer is great, but the voice was a little hard to hear over the music.  Still got me very excited about the game, though!

CrashPL

• The dinosaur guy
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with characters
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with translating
    • CrashPL worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #168 on: 28 Jan 2019, 21:04 »
It's looking better and better with each screenshot and gif animation, can't wait to finally try it out! :D

« Reply #169 on: 12 Mar 2019, 12:03 »
So many kind words from you all! We really appreciate the support  :) I'm glad to hear the Discworld vibes are coming through and thank you to those who have wishlisted over on Steam  ;-D

A release date announcement is coming soon! We recently sent out the preview build to a bunch of press folk and have had some lovely responses so far.

This one came in yesterday and it seems the writer really got what we were going for: https://vulturehound.co.uk/2019/03/carry-on-camelot-guard-duty-pc-preview/

You can find a roundup of some others over on our Steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/games/872750/announcements/detail/1803034103869859122

Thanks again x