There is a new version of the forums ready for testing. Please post here if you're willing to help test! We could also use the help of coders!

Author Topic: TEMPLATE: Tumbleweed Verbs 1.4  (Read 40872 times)

AndreasBlack

• Max Fury that's me
I'm probably messing something up with having multiply keys in the same room that goes to different doors. One door works, the other semi works. It opens the door, the inventory goes away, but then it comes back when re-entering. Looks like a bugg to the untrained eye, but it's probably not. I've set up the roomload_first wrong possibly. Not a coder, so i'm not sure. In the beginners thread btw

Anyway enough about that. I had a suggestion before. That if a player has choosen an dialog option before, that it is greyed out the next time it shows up! Would you be able to add that feature as a bool thing? Would be awesome!
Also when running when using the uniformmovementspeed false/movementlinkedtoanimat/false the doubleclick does not seem to reset sometimes, so i did a little amateur fix for it in a rep execute code i run, no big deal ofc. Just wanted to let you know, perhaps it's been fixed, i think i'm using a older version of the template. To scared to update  (laugh)

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2021, for contributions to the ready-to-use UI designs and elements that mimic the most iconic designs we all know and love, most notably Tumbleweed Verbs and 9-verb MI Style UI, as well as additional UI helper modules such as CustomDialogGUI and ButtonHelper.
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • abstauber worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Well, the last bugfix regarding running via doubleclick is from 2018. So I'm sure, if you started using the template afterwards you should be fine.
Nonetheless I see if I can replicate this issue.

Regarding the dialog options, that's actually a cool idea and it seems to be feasible.
https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/Dialog.html#dialoghasoptionbeenchosen

I see if I can find the time to implement this feature.

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2021, for contributions to the ready-to-use UI designs and elements that mimic the most iconic designs we all know and love, most notably Tumbleweed Verbs and 9-verb MI Style UI, as well as additional UI helper modules such as CustomDialogGUI and ButtonHelper.
    •  
Adding a different color for chosen topics was in fact pretty easy. Resetting the state on the other hand is not - at least not from the module's perspective.
There is no function which would be called after a dialog finishes, so there's no straight forward way to reset everything.
I suggest you reset the state in the stop section of the dialog scripts (or call your own reset function)

Also I wasn't able to get stuck on running with the mentioned options disabled. The movement speed is set back to normal after the sprite reaches the cursor - at least while I was testing it. But hey, since you already found a fix, I wouldn't dig too much further into this issue.

AndreasBlack

• Max Fury that's me
True! An obvious idea would be to add the parameter since u already have aclosesound & aopensound, so ta-da, unlocksound. I think i've ran into a potential mini problem, also easy fixed by the user i guess, but still.

Maybe there needs to be a timer of some sort before changing rooms, cause the character flips to the room pose's intended direction just before the screen fades out. it's supposed to have that pose when entering the new room not before the screen fades out from the previous room! When using the doorstate function that you've helped out with in the beginners section. But again, i'm probably using a older module so,. maybe this is a none problem.

Can't wait to try the latest version of the template with my "future game"  (nod)

An example GIF from in game, maybe easier to understand the small issue, again it's easily fixed but still! https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YGpHGUWG2s-jAWRVXoXgMKlgsBJQeig/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 19 May 2022, 16:59 by AndreasBlack »

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
    •  
Re: TEMPLATE: Tumbleweed Verbs 1.4
« Reply #124 on: 19 May 2022, 19:27 »
Well, I can see it but at least in the demo game it works as expected.

edit: I think I know what's going on: Have a look at the manual
https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/Tumbleweed.html#exit-extensions

Have a look at your hotspot description and change it to >e if needed.

Btw. I've just published the new release.

Maybe you could try the new template and see if your issues are still present in the latest version:
https://github.com/dkrey/ags_tumbleweed/releases/download/1.4/Tumbleweed_demo.1.4.zip

« Last Edit: 19 May 2022, 19:34 by abstauber »

AndreasBlack

• Max Fury that's me
« Reply #125 on: 19 May 2022, 23:15 »
Just downloaded it!  :) Nice, will give it a go! As for the E extension advice. If i'm not mistakening i lose the rightclick open/close feature then won't i? Which feels like "luxury" to me, that i want in the game! (laugh)
But yeah again, i just did a "if (player.previousroom==)" and add in the player.FaceDirection in the entering room load, that fixed it anyhow so, no big deal. (nod)

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
    •  
« Reply #126 on: 20 May 2022, 10:03 »
If i'm not mistakening i lose the rightclick open/close feature then won't i?
If you use
Code: [Select]
>e you don't loose the exit extension. But this one e.g. means
Code: [Select]
>ed exit and face downwards. As said, have a look at the manual and see how the extensions work.