TEMPLATE: Tumbleweed Verbs 1.4

Started by abstauber, Sat 29/04/2017 15:41:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis Tanner

Is it possible to set the default gui style to "classic"?
In the manual I read about using ToogleGuiStyle to switch between classic and new mode but frankly, I have no idea how to do it... :confused:

Elvis Tanner

Setting the default gui layout to "classic" worked like this:

Code: ags

Verbs.ToogleGuiStyle(0); //sets gui style to classic
sldOptionsStyle.Value = 0 //sets slider for layout in options menu to classic

Many thanks to Khris for pointing me in the right direction.

Monsieur OUXX

A German speaker told me that this was not correct :
Musik Lautstärke
Sound Effekte

...but this was correct :
Musiklautstärke
Soundeffekte

I cannot assert the truth of his sayings but I'm reporting it.

Olleh19

If anybody knows how to get abstauber on the forum again, please tell him to come online. I've fixed the Swedish Verbs and they are just waiting to be added to the template.
It's very selfish ofc since i wanna use them, but it's good for other Swede's too if there are any on here. (laugh)

Cassiebsg

There are at least 3 others, that I know, that post regularly... and some others that post occasionally. And probably a few bunch lurkers as well.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Olleh19

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 20/10/2020 22:43:11
There are at least 3 others, that I know, that post regularly... and some others that post occasionally. And probably a few bunch lurkers as well.  ;)

Good to know, here's a personal greeting to them.  :)

Va i helvete grabbar, hjälp mig fÃ¥ fart pÃ¥ joysticken och verbsen. Verbsen sitter inte fast i config  varje gÃ¥ng man resetar spelet, sÃ¥ därför vore det ju bra om abstauber kunde dyka upp och fixa det. Verkar vara nÃ¥got lurt.  8-0

morganw

Quote from: Olleh19 on Tue 20/10/2020 22:40:04
I've fixed the Swedish Verbs and they are just waiting to be added to the template.
Which files need to be modified to fix it?

Olleh19

Quote from: morganw on Wed 21/10/2020 18:08:56
Quote from: Olleh19 on Tue 20/10/2020 22:40:04
I've fixed the Swedish Verbs and they are just waiting to be added to the template.
Which files need to be modified to fix it?

I wished i knew the answer. I believe it's something with the language needs to be written to a config file while it has been choosen, so the game "remembers" it. It does not remember my custom language Verbs, but all the other languages graphic Verbs are remembered. I have tried to explain this in beginners forum, but it's hard. I hope you get the "issue".

morganw

I've never made translation, so I found it a little difficult to follow. Are you adding Swedish to the template or fixing Swedish that was already there?

Olleh19

Quote from: morganw on Fri 23/10/2020 00:09:44
I've never made translation, so I found it a little difficult to follow. Are you adding Swedish to the template or fixing Swedish that was already there?

Here is what i have done. Open a Thumbleed new project, and replace the Verbs gui scripts with this, that's all i've done. The Quit game = Avsluta spel (Swedish), all such things is in the Verbs.Gui, done by me. All Swedish = Done by me.
I think you get the issue, once you see the scripts (hopefully).
See if you can discover why the Swedish Verb Sprites do not stay on screen, while the others do, cause i dont know why.
Everytime i have to call this in either a Gui, or Globalscripts start:

Verbs.VerbGuiOptions[eVerbGuiTemplateLanguage] = eLangSE;
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Open, 485, 486, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Close, 487, 488, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_GiveTo, 489, 490, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Push, 491, 492, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Pull, 493, 494, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_Use, 495, 496, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_PickUp, 497, 498, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_LookAt, 499, 500, 's');
Verbs.LocalizeActionButton(eLangSE, eGA_TalkTo, 501, 502, 's');

I'm "missing something", it could ofc be other scripts, i've only added Swedish code, where i saw there were other languages code, "basic logic" there. Or if the code should go elsewhere to "get it to stay inside the template". However big warning now ofc.
The sprites need to be added again into "your" basic template, so the numbers of the sprites that i have written needs to be replaced with new valid sprite numbers.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9z433isgz3cchvk/Swedish.zip/file

morganw

I have some time off work next week, so perhaps I can take a look then and try to work out what is going on.
Thanks for uploading the scripts and images.

Olleh19

Quote from: morganw on Fri 23/10/2020 17:25:06
I have some time off work next week, so perhaps I can take a look then and try to work out what is going on.
Thanks for uploading the scripts and images.

I am the one who should say thanks! This forum has been incredible so far. All the help one gets.
Almost feel bad, i can't give anything back, as of yet! (laugh)
I wish you the best of luck with it. It would be really nice to be able to set it to my native language, but it's not a must ofc.

If you do manage to fix it, you will get free hintline call 24h if you get stuck (in the future game that is).
8-)

viktor

Hy guys,

I was just wondering if there is any way of repositioning the verb that shows up in classic mode. I need to position it 2 or 3 pixels higher because it's in the way of my verb GUI design.

signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: viktor on Tue 10/11/2020 09:18:43
Is there a way of repositioning the verb that shows up in classic mode.

Let's avoid cluttering this thread. I suggest you ask the question in the Beginners Questions thread : "how to move a GUI?". Hint : Try to locate the exact GUI (and label inside the GUI) that displays that text on the screen. You'll find it in the "GUI" folder of your AGS Editor. It probably contains the word "action" or the word "status" (just a guess)

croquetasesina

Could you give me a hand? I would like to load the default GUI into the classic style, but I can’t find a way. I would appreciate your help!

selmiak

is this plugin still maintained?
The save system it uses has an error, look at this, found by horusr in the Lucas Mendoza Demo

abstauber

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 30/10/2021 19:30:04
is this plugin still maintained?

Sorry for letting you down. At least for the moment it seems that I can actually push a few hours into AGS related stuff.

There has been some activity lately:

• er0o and CW: Updated the Code to 3.6
  • Olleh19, morganw: Swedish Translation
  • Monsieur Ouxx: Fixed a bug in the custom dialog module
  • abstauber: fixed incorrect time calculation in the save/load gui

In the github repo, you'll find a release-3.5.1 branch and a master branch, which is 3.6 only - the changes are present in both branches.

I think I'll upload a proper release for 3.5.1 in the next couple of days. For now you can of course checkout the files in the repo.

AndreasBlack

Looking in the manual, i can't see the solution, at least not an example of it, not in the demo template either.  8-0 It's very basic usually, but this time it's different, cause i don't know where to put the function!
I'm unlocking a door with a key using your Doors syntax, setting up the doors room firstload, etc. Works just like in your demo. But the demo missed the losing the key after it's been used in the door.
Now i want to drop the key forever from the inventory. How do i do this? player.Loseinventory(iKey); doesn't cut it, or maybe it does but question is where it should be put

I've tried various solutions, timers, etc. Either it drops the key before opening the door, or it drops the key afterwards but the key magically appears in the item box again for a millisecond and then goes away when re-entering the room, really odd! Almost as if the Sheriff a-reno has got something to do with it.  ;)

abstauber

I haven't tried it, but this should work. In the door script itself you can always check, if an item should be removed or not.

Around line 2265 in verbs.asc:
https://github.com/dkrey/ags_tumbleweed/blob/772b28ef9ac3b7eb7e3b081c3510f4a47404c414/verbgui.asc#L2265

else if (Doors.GetDoorState(door_id) == 2 ) {
          if (verbsData.unlockDoorSound != null) chan = verbsData.unlockDoorSound.Play();
          if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(verbsData.door_strings[eDoorStringUnlock])) player.Say(verbsData.door_strings[eDoorStringUnlock]);

if (player.ActiveInventory == iFragileKey) player.Loseinventory(iFragileKey);

Doors.SetDoorState(door_id, closevalue);
        } 

But I must admit, from a designers point of view, this solution is subpar. It way cleaner and easier to maintain your code if you leave the template code unchanged und put your game logic in rooms scripts or separate modules.
That way you can safely update the template without loosing all your hacks and customisation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk