Sniper and spotter serving the motherland

Started by Blondbraid, Mon 01/05/2017 09:31:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Ivan and Olga, two soldiers in the red army, finds themselves tasked with preventing a small village from falling into enemy hands. Their orders are simple, destroy the bridge and poison the food and water supply before the enemy soldiers can reach the village and destroy the bridge or poison the food and water supply...

Get the game here!

Sniper and spotter serving the motherland is a standalone sequel to my previous game Sniper and spotter being patriotic.
If you like this game, there is also another short game in the same setting called Fallen soldier.

The AGS games in production page for this game can be found here.

Peder 🚀

Think you mean https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2150 and not https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2050 ? :O (interesting coincidence btw)

Congrats on the release! I've always loved your art style! :), will try give this one a go!

Blondbraid

Quote from: Peder on Mon 01/05/2017 11:08:39
Think you mean https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2150 and not https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2050 ? :O (interesting coincidence btw)

Congrats on the release! I've always loved your art style! :), will try give this one a go!
Thank you so much for pointing that out, I've corrected the issue! Yeah, that is an odd coincidence with the numbers, that's probably why I didn't see it sooner.
Anyways, I'm glad that you like my art style, do let me know what you think of the game once you finish it!  :)

Grok

Done! :)
Nice little game. Good storytelling. Great ending.

Cassiebsg

It's OUT! Yes! It's out!!!  :-D :-D :-D

But ewww... need to wait for a mirror...  :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Grok on Mon 01/05/2017 14:07:30
Done! :)
Nice little game. Good storytelling. Great ending.
Thank you, I'm happy that you liked it!
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 01/05/2017 15:41:09
It's OUT! Yes! It's out!!!  :-D :-D :-D

But ewww... need to wait for a mirror...  :~(
I thought I included a mirror on the AGS page, is it working properly?  ???

Cassiebsg

Tks, got it now.  :-D

I must be blind, but didn't notice the mirror, even though I looked for it first time around.  :-[

AnasAbdin

Congrats! Will play tonight (laugh)
Oh who am I kidding :-\ Can't wait.. will play now!

Ghostcat

p o l t e r g e i s t

Creamy

Finished. It was a real treat to play   :-D
The puzzles were fairly easy yet the storytelling made my day.
I like the episodic format too.

Using the smooth scrolling module when the charaters walk outside may reduce Olga's jerkiness.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 01/05/2017 21:09:50
Finished. It was a real treat to play   :-D
The puzzles were fairly easy yet the storytelling made my day.
I like the episodic format too.

Using the smooth scrolling module when the charaters walk outside may reduce Olga's jerkiness.
I did think about trying to implement smooth scrolling, but I didn't notice the jerkiness in Olgas walking until I had already completed most of the rooms and graphics
in the game, and learning lots of new things as well as redoing a lot of the objects and backgrounds simply felt like too big a task for me.  :-\

I also wish to thank you all for the kind words, it's been a week I released the game and 50 downloads already!  ;-D

Mandle

Gonna so play the shit out of this game tomorrow!

SilverSpook

Woohoo!  Gonna get this once I get a chance. :)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 09/05/2017 17:47:58
Gonna so play the shit out of this game tomorrow!
Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 09/05/2017 19:00:46
Woohoo!  Gonna get this once I get a chance. :)
It will be exciting to hear your opinion on my game!  ;-D
Also, I just put together a new image so I could add a link to this game on my signature!  :)

Cassiebsg

There is one major flaw with this game and that is:
Spoiler

it's just way too short...  :~(
[close]

Otherwise, it's perfect in all aspects!   (nod)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 18/05/2017 18:06:20
There is one major flaw with this game and that is:
Spoiler

it's just way too short...  :~(
[close]

Otherwise, it's perfect in all aspects!   (nod)
Glad to hear it, and I promise to try and make my next game longer and with more content!

KyriakosCH

Congratulations for releasing the game! :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

AnasAbdin

Hey! sorry for the long delay. I finished the game long ago, then I replayed it again as a critic!

I enjoyed it a lot like the first part even more! I'm usually impatient with conversations between characters but I felt I needed more with Ivan and Olga! Loved the fun bits here and there! The cut scenes are on spot and consistent with the gameplay. I wanted more!

Sounds and background music were excellent, characters are out of question. I told you before in the Game In Productions thread that I'm in love with your characters and their expressions. Puzzles are fluently made, had fun playing and solving them.

My only 'shock' was the goat.. But what can I say.. war sucks. Another thing, I am 100% sure if you added speech the game would hit the skies!

I have a suggestion, please please make a long long long game!
BlondBraid, I hope one day you give me the honor of making a game together.

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sat 20/05/2017 19:14:28
Congratulations for releasing the game! :D
Why thank you so much!
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 01/06/2017 09:39:04
Hey! sorry for the long delay. I finished the game long ago, then I replayed it again as a critic!
I have a suggestion, please please make a long long long game!
BlondBraid, I hope one day you give me the honor of making a game together.
I'm glad to hear that you liked it! I guess one of the reasons for the game being so short is that the story is confined to a small village, but my next game about Olga and Ivan will definitively be bigger.
I've toyed with the idea of making a version with speech and adding it on Steam for a modest price, but it will probably be a while, if ever if that happens. Currently, my next idea for a game would be an idea I started on
back in January for a MAGS game, but it never really left the concept stage. I drew a thumbnail image with a title for the game, this time focusing on one of the side characters, the arrogant commissar:

This month however, I'm working on a different MAGS project with Creamy, but after that, who'll know? :)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

downloading this now :D  really  interesting theme, is this like a point and click Enemy at the Gates? .. well I will soon find out.. Big congrats for getting it released also.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sat 03/06/2017 18:05:01
downloading this now :D  really  interesting theme, is this like a point and click Enemy at the Gates? .. well I will soon find out.. Big congrats for getting it released also.
Why thank you! I have to admit, Enemy at the Gates was one of my sources of inspiration. Good luck and let me know what you think once you have finished the game!

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

I did really love that movie!
OK so had a decent go of your game, however did not have very much time with it so did not complete it, which I do plan on doing. It is very impressive, love your art style, interesting dialogs, and even though I did not complete it the story so far was pretty sweet. I also like how its presented with the cut-scenes too,  very good work and I can see time has gone into this.

As soon as I get through this I want to try out your first Sniper and Spotter too, I think the idea pivoting around a sniper and spotter is quite clever and you can really go wild thinking of scenarios for this.

Keep at it!

Blondbraid

Thank you, I'm very happy that you liked my game, and if you get stuck anywhere,
do not hesitate to post in the Hints & Tips tread!

Blondbraid

AnasAbdin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk