Started by CaesarCub, Mon 01/05/2017 15:43:21

Previous topic - Next topic

CaesarCub

Looking for Love
(in Several Wrong Places)
With a title (stolen) from Sierra On-Line
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/QIdfWmM.png[/imgzoom]

This is Larry Frank.
Frank has always been unlucky with love, and he really needs someone in his life.
He feels that this is his last chance to find someone to be with because he is not getting any younger.
Frank is a good guy, but he is a little bit boring. There is a limit of how many people you can meet when your hobby is collecting novelty soap bars.

Your job is to find a suitor for dear old Frank.

Guidelines:

• Just like in all these new RPGs the suitor can be of any sex, gender or species.
  • The suitor should be AGS-ready. We don't want Frank to end up with a sketch do we?
  • Frank's dates should have a description telling us a bit about themselves. (Dating app descriptions are more than acceptable).
  • There are no limitations on palettes or styles.

Once all the suitors are presented by May 16th we will vote to decide which one is the best (or worst, depending how mean you are) partner for Frank.

Trophies:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/sxf0wwC.png[/imgzoom]

Our first place will get Frank's heart of gold.
Second place gets his stomach made in silver.
Third place earns a lovely bronze liver.
And for all the other participants, we have this lovely spray painted green kidney.

Winners:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Pjndm0P.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/0d1CU8R.png[/imgzoom]
1st Place - Scavenger
Kevyn and Levyn

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/2WAVAci.png[/imgzoom]
2nd Place - Alan v.Drake
Death

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/3xYpk2U.png[/imgzoom]
3rd Place - Jim Reed

DBoyWheeler

Count me in!  As of this post, I'm sketching the idea.

Sure, I may be in the middle of my non-AGS project, but I can probably squeeze in a chance to find this guy a main squeeze! ;-)

[Update] Didn't take long to create an entrant.

This lovely chick from the Land of the Rising Sun is named Kaede Hadena (or "Hadena Kaede" in Japan, since in Japanese names, the last name goes first).  The given name Kaede means "maple leaf"; and "Hadena" (her family name or "last name") means "frisky", "flashy", or "full of vim and vigor".

She's a swimsuit model, but not only does she model in her swimsuits, but she's a great swimmer as well--with or without a swimsuit! (Did I mention she also likes to skinnydip?  ;))

DBoyWheeler

@Jim Reed
PFFFFFT! *falls over laughing* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  (laugh) I feel sorry for Frank if he gets stuck with Miss Uber-Piggy this dame!

Hobo

CaesarCub

I am loving these entries. Please keep'em coming.

Let's give Frank the best partner he could ask for!

BrutalSlakt

This is Jeremy, his biggest passion in life is making novelty soap bars.

qptain Nemo

Name: Lovebird-3182-XZ
Orientation: Pansexual / Customizable
Relationship type: Monogamous / Polygamous / Customizable

My self-summary: Hi I'm Lovebird-3182-XZ and I'm here to find my one true love! (Or more! With a total limit of 8192 true loves! But it's negotiable)
What I'm doing with my life: What am I not doing with my life? I'm currently running 372 active processes. But my main focus is finding someone special to love who will love me back.
I'm really good at: A lot of things! But my strongest suits are computation and love. ❤
The first things people usually notice about me: Probably the fact that our chances to fall in love with each other are over 46.82% which is way, way above average!
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food: Everything by Donald Knuth. Halt and Catch Fire. Glitchcore is my jam. I have more (375738375 entries in total), you should ask me on our date!
Six things I could never do without: determinism, Turing-completeness, floating-point operations, a good GPU, videogames, love.
On a typical Friday night I am: on.
The most private thing I'm willing to admit: my root password is encrypted using only 8192 bits RSA. I'm kinda trusting and eager to believe in good in people. :-[
You should message me if: You want to love and be loved!

Note: while the sprite is AGS-ready, it requires AGS 4.0 to use. ( Í¡° ÍÅ"Êâ€" Í¡°)

Ibispi

Frank had gotten a date! Her name was Carina. He had bought a red rose and chocolate packed in a heart-shaped box for her and - he just couldn't wait to meet her!

As he headed to the date location he slipped on a banana and dropped the rose.

Lo and behold, the rose was beautiful. She was more beautiful than Carina. And she was inviting...

Frank got a date! Her name was Rose, actually, and he brought her chocolate. She didn't want the chocolate though. She wanted Frank only. She said she likes humans... Frank was elated!

The rest of the story is not appropriate for anyone, so I'm not gonna share it, but you can use your imagination!

DBoyWheeler

ehybby

Spoiler

Meet Lisa, 8. Likes ponies from My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic and real life ponies too.
Her favourite colour is violet. She's a champion rope-skipper.

This time Frank is looking for love definitely in a wrong place.
Oh well, at least in jail he will be able to collect all the soap bars he wants!
[close]

Edited by mod: While I find this entry fits the theme and I do not feel offended by it, I think some people may find this offensive for some reasons, so I hide it behind spoilers at the moment.

DBoyWheeler

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hi folks..

Well my take on this is a little different in that there are 2 characters looking for love and comfort, they are so very close to one another yet so far away a drift in space. Will they ever feel each others warmth again or gradually drift further and further apart?

Separated .. 2nd version is with transparent helmets but may not look great over some backgrounds

I had originally wanted to make a higher res/more detailed sprite but it was not going so well from the outset.
A short timelapse video. You can see I promptly gave up on the higher detail thing it was so bad lol

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeggpHqzgJw[/embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeggpHqzgJw&feature=youtu.be

Well done to all of you for your entries they are all really wonderful with oodles of charm

keep up the great work

EDIT:

Ah you know folks, I think there was a little confusion on my part regarding the theme of this contest. I thought CeasarCub's post at the start was his entry for the contest, and I did not realize that the contest was meant to be about making a suitor for him. I thought the theme was more general, so was working off the contest title "Looking for love...."   Unless Frank is up for some 3some space action that is. Anyway my bad heh.. if I get time tomorrow I will try to make something more suitable for the theme.

Alan v.Drake

Name: Death
Hobbies: Collecting souls
Dislikes: Skeleton jokes

"We'll have a date to die for"

- Alan

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

DBoyWheeler

Yeah, Frank definitely has that "Oh s**t!!!" look on his face.

CaesarCub

So many awesome entries!
And all so original! I love them. ;-D

I hope we get many more! (nod)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hey folks, almost forgot I was ment to make something suitable for the theme.
Please feel free to delete my other post if you so wish.

Well I hope Frank likes blonds.

May I introduce you to Hilda, she's had  a tough abused life and is desperately seeking a stable relationship based on real love.

Her Bio:
Looking for love
preferably non-smoker
NO CATS please. thank you
gentle physical relationship is preferable
Spoiler
Edited by mod: The entry is fine as it is, but a bit NSFW. So I'll hide it behind spoilers to protect those at work in the office and the children. BTW you can use the [imgzoom][/imgzoom] tags to make an image zoomable. No need to include another physically enlarged one.

Thanks for the Heads up on that "imgzoom" thing..  save me the extra process when uploading images to show :D

Galen

Name: Jordina
Perhaps she's Frank's true love. He seems enamoured by her. Yet something seems slightly off about the whole affair?..

Blondbraid

There seems to be some really fun entries here!
Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Tue 09/05/2017 18:05:09
May I introduce you to Gertrude, she's had  a tough abused life and is desperately seeking a stable relationship based on real love.
A fun entry, but the name choice made me wonder, is it just me or is the name Gertrude the go-to name when creators want an old and
silly woman's name? I'm just curious since I've seen several different movies and video games use that name as a punchline.   ???

Anyway, here is my entry:

Hello my name is PRINCESS ANNA ORGANA and i love you very much you are so beautiful my love and i want to come and see you my love
please send me 1000 US$ so i can come see u my love please understand i hope to see you soon my love but i need 10000 US$ so i can come and see u my love

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk