Giving away the control on project

Started by Crimson Wizard, Mon 01/05/2017 20:50:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

So, I was not following the thread I myself started for a while, and I do not attend AGS chats (not even sure how many of them are). But from what I know from discussion on github, Alan decided to make next version of AGS stripped of legacy stuff (obsolete features, script commands, and so on).

There may be an argue on what should be considered obsolete and removed, but that's not the point of my post.
The point is that do not want to be the one who controls the project and determines its goals anymore. Putting this simply, I do not want to keep being responsible for this. Think what you want about it; but I am tired and full of doubts.

Currently, the list of repository management is as following:

Administrators (these can add/remove other people and do some highest administration tasks): JJS, me, Nick Sonneveld.
Committers (these can push changes to the code without having to make pull requests): me, Gurok, monkey0506, BigMC, tzachs.

I could add Alan to committers and let him do as he plans. I could also add anyone else, if that would be wanted.

For myself, I would like to retain release-3.4.1 branch, where I finish making AGS 3.4.1.

blur

Thanks for the heads-up!
So to get bug fixes and updates for AGS I would need to follow your "release-3.4.1" branch?
And to get the new AGS (that won't play the old games), I would follow the "master" branch?
I cannot see a "release-3.4.1" branch though:
Code: ags
$ git branch
  develop-3.3.1
  develop-3.3.5
  develop-3.4.0
* master
  release-3.3.4

Do I use the right repository URI?
Code: ags
$ git remote -v
origin  git://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags.git (fetch)

???

Crimson Wizard

"git branch" displays only local branches. You need to use "git branch -r" to make it list remote branches.

Also, I recommend two commands:
Code: bash

git fetch origin
git remote prune origin

They will bring remote information to actual state.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk