ags 3.4 custom resolution

Started by KiraHaraReturns, Wed 03/05/2017 10:56:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KiraHaraReturns

after setting a custom resolution of 427x240 I realized, that the default guis are displayed twice as big as assumed (each pixel became 2x2 pixels). Fonts were also affected but general setting for 640x480 designed fonts set on true made the text normal again. Newly created guis appear normal too, but the debug functions for developers such as ctrl-x for teleporting to rooms don't. Any ideas? and thanks in advance.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: KiraHaraReturns on Wed 03/05/2017 10:56:29Newly created guis appear normal too, but the debug functions for developers such as ctrl-x for teleporting to rooms don't.

These built-in GUIs are hardcoded with certain sizes. That's a bug that was forgotten about and never fixed.

Alan v.Drake

This all happened because the new resolution was recognized as "High Resolution" being > 320x240.
This behaviour was designed for switching from 320x200/240 to 640x400/480 and back. Custom resolutions came much later and do not play very well with that.
It must have asked you if you wanted to resize the guis, but I'm not sure if the resizing is proportional or not.
Your old sprite assets and system menus are still considered "low-res" so are now being doubled on the fly.

You can go back by setting the old resolution, or deal with the side effects.

- Alan

CaesarCub

I might be wrong, but check on your affected sprites properties:

If the resolution is on "Low" but the game is on what we could consider "High" it means the images will be resized. Try changing this property to see if that fixes it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk