Space Rangers Ep. 52 . the Redemption of Grisli Adams

Started by Grok, Fri 12/05/2017 22:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

The Forbidden Episode of the Space Rangers Serial

2017-05-24   New bug fixed download files are now uploaded.
The new files have "V2" in the name.
setup_SR52V2.exe
SpaceRangers52v2.zip

An [hrmm] illegal bootleg copy can be downloaded here.
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2151/
This offer is not valid on Nebulia Prime or for any member of Star fleet or the Space Rangers corps.

Play on your own risk.
And remember, There are no Lizard Overlords.

There is a new commander leading the Space Rangers. His name is Teh Donald. One of the first things he does on his new job is to fire special agent Yaz KreJonns.

Bounty hunters hot on her trail, Yaz make a run for Nebulia Prime. There she find herself in new troubles, having to try to save her former colleague and mortal enemy, Grisli Adams.

One thing you need to remember on Nebulia Prime is, there are no Lizard Overlords.

Cassiebsg

Oh cool!
Congrats on the release on yet another game!  (nod)

And thanks for the mirror!  :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Grok

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 12/05/2017 23:15:58
Oh cool!
Congrats on the release on yet another game!  (nod)

And thanks for the mirror!  :-D

Thank you

You're welcome

:)

Mandle

Congratulations on the release!

Been looking forward to this one for ages!!!

Grok

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 13/05/2017 23:40:25
Congratulations on the release!

Been looking forward to this one for ages!!!

Thank you.

My first announcement on working on this game was in November 2016, so I guess ages must be within six and a half month then :D

On a side note, I now also have an account on Itch.io
https://per-k-grok.itch.io
so there is an additional possibility to download should both download link and mirror on the game page should fail (but please try them first)

Grok

2017-05-24   New bug fixed download files are now uploaded.
The new files have "V2" in the name.
setup_SR52V2.exe
SpaceRangers52v2.zip

Shadow1000

I finished playing last night, thanks to a special build from Grok that solved a scripting error.

My comments on the game:

As one would expect from Grok and Blondbraid, this game holds a lot of promise. It's clear that a lot of work went into it. The graphics are really enjoyable in a Saturday-morning cartoon way. The story is fun and easy to follow and overall the game is a good playing experience. I like the in-game hint system so you almost never wonder "ok what comes next".

I found the puzzles to be mixed. The number of puzzles is on the low side for the length of the game. I think I played for about an hour before I encountered a puzzle (which I happened to need help for). Some of the other puzzles were "where's waldo" type puzzles plus a few action/arcade sequences.

As far as recommendations, if you want to improve the game I would suggest that you have a few people beta test it to iron out scripting errors. As you know I encountered one that led me to a dead-end where I spent hours trying to solve a puzzle that could not be solved because of a bug. In addition, there are things such as:
Spoiler

- the hint tells you to go to the recycle plant floor 5 before the robot chase scene
- after zapping the robot in the chase scene, if you come back to that area of the church you enter the chase scene again
[close]

I found it hard to remember which doors are accessed by walking and which you need to use the hand to activate.

Things like this can be ironed out during testing.

As well, I would have a native English speaker review the spelling and grammar. "Buisness Hotell" should be "Business Hotel". There are many other spelling errors like this and sometimes the meaning of dialogues is not clear.

As I said, the game holds promise and was overall enjoyable and I had some good laughs. I hope my suggestions are useful for this game or future releases.

SHADOW

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 24/05/2017 21:06:54
I finished playing last night, thanks to a special build from Grok that solved a scripting error.

My comments on the game:

As one would expect from Grok and Blondbraid, this game holds a lot of promise. It's clear that a lot of work went into it. The graphics are really enjoyable in a Saturday-morning cartoon way. The story is fun and easy to follow and overall the game is a good playing experience. I like the in-game hint system so you almost never wonder "ok what comes next".

I found the puzzles to be mixed. The number of puzzles is on the low side for the length of the game. I think I played for about an hour before I encountered a puzzle (which I happened to need help for). Some of the other puzzles were "where's waldo" type puzzles plus a few action/arcade sequences.

As far as recommendations, if you want to improve the game I would suggest that you have a few people beta test it to iron out scripting errors. As you know I encountered one that led me to a dead-end where I spent hours trying to solve a puzzle that could not be solved because of a bug. In addition, there are things such as:
Spoiler

- the hint tells you to go to the recycle plant floor 5 before the robot chase scene
- after zapping the robot in the chase scene, if you come back to that area of the church you enter the chase scene again
[close]

I found it hard to remember which doors are accessed by walking and which you need to use the hand to activate.

Things like this can be ironed out during testing.

As well, I would have a native English speaker review the spelling and grammar. "Buisness Hotell" should be "Business Hotel". There are many other spelling errors like this and sometimes the meaning of dialogues is not clear.

As I said, the game holds promise and was overall enjoyable and I had some good laughs. I hope my suggestions are useful for this game or future releases.

SHADOW

Thanks a lot for your comments. I appreciate them a lot.

I guess this one is more of a storytelling than a puzzle filled game. Glad you liked the story and had some laughs. That was what I was hoping for.
I had hoped for some more people commenting on that.

As some of you might have noticed I'm not much of a polisher. My stuff have rough edges, spelling and grammar mistakes.  On the other hand I actually publish stuff, which I probably would not if I was a perfection seeker.

I had intended to do a third episode of the Space Rangers, but that isn't going to happen, not now anyway.

Maybe I'll get back to AGS at a later point, but for now I will concentrate on other things.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Sat 27/05/2017 12:09:33

I guess this one is more of a storytelling than a puzzle filled game. Glad you liked the story and had some laughs. That was what I was hoping for.

As some of you might have noticed I'm not much of a polisher. My stuff have rough edges, spelling and grammar mistakes.  On the other hand I actually publish stuff, which I probably would not if I was a perfection seeker.

Of course that's a matter of personal approach and goals. As the author that's your choice. However, if you ever do want to take that extra step, I'm sure that you can easily recruit some of the members of the forum who would be happy to beta test and proofread.

Good luck!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk