Neofeud 2

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 21/05/2017 07:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dujd3UyRDE

In this episode, I try to do some work on Dysmaton but get utterly decimated by driver SNAFUs and Windows 10 system overhauls! :D

SilverSpook

I'll be live again tomorrow around 4 PM EST!  Here's last week's live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczTVdo_3hQ&t=253s

SilverSpook

"Domestic Tranquility"

Dysmaton just got a whole lot more dismal. :)

SilverSpook

Here's the latest stream where I'm working on this piece, as well as talking indie game business, asset flips, why buying 10 monstertrucks, two houses and three yachts is stupid and you should instead spend it on funding more indie game projects, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOu-jBap1pc&t=5693s

SilverSpook

Almost but not quite done with this scene here:

Blondbraid

Cassiebsg

Weir feeling I'm getting from this... "motherly sweet" and "horror creepy".... 8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

this cyborg looks ace but I can't stand the fuzzy borders in your paintings, like on the left side of that chair in the foreground (bottom right). Man, just block in one color on one layer in PS, Ctrl+leftklick that layer and fill in color in that selection on another layer and in the end merge them down to one complete 'object chair' layer.

SilverSpook

@Blondbraid & Cassie: Haha, yes that's pretty much what I was going for here.

@Selmiak: Yeah, but then again, it is supposed to be work-in-progress! :) But yeah I gotta go back and handle that later.

SilverSpook

Finally got these damn artificially gestating fetuses done! Took so long I almost threw the baby out with the bathwater! :D

SilverSpook

Dysmaton version of someone's fancy office!  (Work in progress)

selmiak

cool and shiny! That tentacle ship is impresive, will it move across the background in game? Will we be able to walk over or run over that halfring in the background (on the left) sometime in the game? Would be cool, also some purpose for it would also be cool, just some occasional mention in dialoges here and there :)

Hobo

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 08/10/2017 10:45:38
Will we be able to walk over or run over that halfring in the background (on the left) sometime in the game?
Yes, don't tease us with awesome locations, when we can't actually visit them :)
Great work with colors on that last pic, that skyline looks exquisite.

Blondbraid

The last image with the sunset is just lovely, it truly looks fantastic! 8-)

Gurok

Quote from: Hobo on Sun 08/10/2017 17:03:37
Quote from: selmiak on Sun 08/10/2017 10:45:38
Will we be able to walk over or run over that halfring in the background (on the left) sometime in the game?
Yes, don't tease us with awesome locations, when we can't actually visit them :)

Yes, all locations should be visitable at all times! :P

I love this beautiful, cloudy sunset. Very nice colours and some nice silhouettes in the skyline.

I watched a bit of your previous stream. I agree about the value of watching playthroughs. Unfortunately, they're hard to come by. I am probably not the only one who recognise that the AGS community has a shortage of players who do this. I thank the people who do regular playthroughs -- in the past, Bulbapuck and currently, I believe, selmiak. I also think we should do more to encourage it.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SilverSpook

Thanks guys for the feedback! I am experimenting with more paint-mixing / more impressionistic approaches to the art to make things more interesting. Someone has made a Braid comparison, and being a huge fan of the art there, that's a big complement.

@Selmiak: I haven't quite yet decided what I'm going to do with that tentacle ship, although your suggestion sounds like a good idea!

@Selmiak/Hobo/Gurok: I hadn't really thought about being able to walk on that arch thing, but now that you mention it, that is also a good plan! I'll have to concoct a bit of plot that makes it make sense for the player character to get up there.

selmiak

yeah, it looks cool, but  moving it across the background (or more than one somehow similar ships for that) will give some life and total scifi feel to it. In case you have it on a separate layer send me the png with transparent bg and I could try to animate some tangling tentacles to the ship :)

about that arch: running over it while fleeing from someone or rather something (more armed bots!!!) could be fun. I imagine Noria running to one side on a bit curved structure (the arch in close up) that moves under her feet while she stays in the center of the view and something is behind her and the arch crubles to dust everywhere she set foot on already while only the background turns to indicate the roundness of the arch. Noria's magnet boots can handle this...
Of course she could always jump off that structure and grab on to one of these tentacles from the tentacle ships to escape whatever follows her.
So yeah, thanks for sharing this cool background, it is really inspiring :)

alphadalekben

In response to the playthrough thought, I'm sure my aforementioned friend at DMG will be do a few bits, if you send anything his way.

I also noticed something about typos in the Steam patch for Neofeud. I would be more than happy to try and squash any typos in the 'Dysmation' script at Christmas, Easter and the summer (seeing as that's when I'm 'free' during the degree), should you want a second eye or something.

SilverSpook

@selmiak: Thanks for those suggestions. I had a thought kind of like that, sort oflike those old 80's / 90's racing games, where you have just a few repeated objects (or in this case the sides of the arch thing) to indicate movement.  The main character already has a running animation so it's not so far feteched. :)

@alphadalekben: Yes, it would be great if your DMG friend could do some play of the game at some point. I don't yet have the Dysmaton story finished up but I will consider your offer when I'm closer to that point!

EDIT: I am going to be livestreaming work on Dysmaton on Sunday 4 PM EST instead of the usual Saturday if anyone was thinking of stopping in!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk