Thinking of creating a second game in the same series as The Chrysalis

Started by KyriakosCH, Tue 14/11/2017 22:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Ie the plot will be adapted from another story from the same book of mine. In that case the title will be "The Failing".

Mood will be analogous to the one in the Chrysalis (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2209/) and I will try to keep the gfx in a similar style...

Story is about the "only failing" of a painter. And how he got over it.

Or did he. ;)

If the project materializes, it is very likely to have original music from the same composer who worked with me in my previous (and first) game. The new one will also be a horror adventure point n click.

-Do you like the opening location?
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

Nice! I was actually expecting to go there in your previous game having seen shots of this in another thread and considering that the picture is hanging on the wall.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 15/11/2017 05:37:08
Nice! I was actually expecting to go there in your previous game having seen shots of this in another thread and considering that the picture is hanging on the wall.

(nod)

I should note that the collection is not nominally connected. Ie there isn't the same character in all the stories. Only three feature a painter, and it is not set in stone that it is the same one (though there are some similarities). Other conditions vary. There are in total 12 stories ;)
That said... the White Tower isn't mentioned in any of the stories. Although iirc (the book is 2 years old) at least one of them explicitly takes place in this city.

KyriakosCH

Babar

Errr...are you asking for critique on the idea of making a game in the same universe? Or critique on the image in the first post? It looks nice, but haven't you already asked for help with that image in another thread?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

KyriakosCH

Somewhat... (the image is a bit edited, also the colours have changed, and is now moreover an in-game pic).
That said... your avatar makes me afraid of speaking against your comment (laugh)

KyriakosCH

Early work (no details) in this room. What do you think? Bleak enough? :D

KyriakosCH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk