MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

Riaise

Yay, it's good to see so many participants this month! :-D

DBoy: Those sprites look good! I don't think she looks too pudgy, and I like the little halo! :)

Funkpanzer: That looks really good and sounds interesting, too. I'm looking forward to playing it!

My idea is slowly coming together. It's currently called Rescue Station 228 and is set aboard a space station which rescues ships that have broken down or had some kind of emergency. So totally mundane, but IN SPACE! (laugh)

SilverSpook

So the good news is, I'm going to be participating in this competition.

The bad news is, I'm going to be participating in this competition!  Ohnoes, teh pressure! :O  I've been making like one background a week, so I'm going to have to start kicking that up a few notches here, but it will be good to get the mind-body-wacom tablet chakras back operating at full capacity again. :)

Mandle

gameboy

Hope I'll have some time to finish what I've started already.

Here's a background:

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hey this contest seems to be picking up, whoever wins pick a nice theme for the next mags I might consider entering then. :D

Love the teaser images and ideas people have already been posting, this is going to be a royal rumble indeed!

Eggie

USE HAT ON RING.

Me and Scavenger of Heatwave and Death Wore Endless Feathers renown have teamed up on a short game about cartoon animals and I am devastated emotionally by how freaking beautiful all the graphics they've made are for it. I am a wreck. I am in no fit state.

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! WHAT THE HELL! HOW DID I END UP GETTING TO WORK ON SOMETHING THIS PRETTY THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!

Look at THESE ChArAcTeRsss, look at our sweet gothic animal children who we love:

This is the best-looking game ever you guys!

xBRANEx

Cassiebsg

This looks insane! 8-0
looking forward to all your games! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Nice to see the party kicking off. Keep it up, gang.

SilverSpook

Awesome entries all around!  That is looking pretty fantastic, Eggie. ;)  I like Funkpanzer's studly lifeguard melodrama concept as well.  Sounds like it will be a riot!

Here's a sneak peek at what's in the works (not so sneaky for those in the know ;) ):

Nixxon

Nixxon

Looks awesome funk. gameboy & eggie very nice!

Mandle

WTF?! You look away from a MAGS for a day and suddenly it explodes with awesomeness?!

* Mandle averts his eyes for another day!

DBoyWheeler

@Mandle Well, you know what they say--a watched pot never boils.

Anyway, thought I'd share with you another spritesheet of my project (on a side note, I did more progress in other ways too--namely a title screen, the "cutscene" of explaining Rosaura's mission, and the ending... planning to start the main rooms next time).

Here's the sprite sheet of NPCs.
Spoiler
[close]

The three NPCs (I limited the number to save time for the MAGS project) are as follows:

Madame Serenite: An anthro poodle lady.  She's a recent person, an elderly woman from a French speaking country who passed on from natural causes.

Chef Genio: An anthro gray cat man.  He was an Italian chef who lived in the 1800's--passed away from illness in 1869.

Taban Queenslander: A male human.  He was an Australian skater who is the most recent addition to Rosaura's heavenly neighborhood (died in a freak accident).  Oh and his arm didn't atrophy, it's just the arm near the viewer (hand on his hip) is at a "weird angle" compared to the "camera".

So, just thought you'd like to meet the NPCs that Rosaura meets with on her mission to save the child from his own despair.

selmiak

Awesome things are happening in this month and this thread and this months mags! :-D 8-)

Mandle

Nice looking work!

Back on the point of names though: An Australian named Taban Queenslander?

People in Australia have normal names (with UK surnames being quite common) and are not named after the state they come from :P

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 06/06/2017 00:29:15
People in Australia have normal names (with UK surnames being quite common) and are not named after the state they come from :P

Well, it was the best I could come up with at the time.

Ponch

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 06/06/2017 00:29:15
People in Australia have normal names

Also, Slim Dusty? Phar Lap? Rocko Wallaby? Max Rockatansky? Kylie Minogue? Ben304??! :shocked:

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 06/06/2017 17:12:51
Also, Slim Dusty? Phar Lap? Rocko Wallaby? Max Rockatansky? Kylie Minogue? Ben304??! :shocked:
:P Touche!

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

lets not forget the venerable Dame Edna Everage, possums.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk