MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

DBoyWheeler

Well, as of this post, I'm now working on the Rooms of my game project.  Compared to the more in-depth games I do (AGS or otherwise), this shouldn't take too much time.  And since I'm using the usual default (i.e. the Sierra style with icons), it shouldn't be too much a hassle (unlike trying the verb coin--I'll probably rework that idea when I pick up my Sarimento AGS again, as I plan to start over with that particular project).

[Add on] So you know, I did make up my own pictures and stuff with the Sierra style GUIs... just wanted to point that out.

Mandle

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 06/06/2017 17:12:51
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 06/06/2017 00:29:15
People in Australia have normal names
Spoiler
[close]

Actually, that's pure genius Ponch!

D-Boy, maybe keep the name as is, but perhaps just mention somewhere in the game that he legally changed his name to "Taban Queenslander" out of love for his birth-state, like Greg Pead changed his to Yahoo Serious out of love for being a fruitcake.

DBoyWheeler

@Mandle Or perhaps when they found him as a baby, his original last name on his birth certificate was smudged.

SilverSpook

Post-apocalyptic cyborg goth girls, you better work.

Blondbraid

Great to see several promising entries this month!
Me and Creamy are also working on a MAGS project, a game set in late 1700s France,
about a woman who joins the storming of the Bastille in order to rescue the prisoners there.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 08/06/2017 23:23:59
Great to see several promising entries this month!
Me and Creamy are also working on a MAGS project, a game set in late 1700s France,
about a woman who joins the storming of the Bastille in order to rescue the prisoners there.

Dude... given your past stuff, you are a MASTAH of historical themed games!

Funkpanzer

These entries are looking sick, I can't wait for the end of the month! :-D

I have all of my set pieces and backgrounds roughed out as of last night and the story seems to not be completely confusing according to one other person. Here is the player standing by the ocean while an unsuspecting beach-goer snoozes...

Ponch

That game looks great, Funkpanzer. But I don't recall giving you permission to use my likeness as a model for the fellow with the umbrella. :=

Blondbraid

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Thu 08/06/2017 23:58:56
Dude... given your past stuff, you are a MASTAH of historical themed games!
Thank you, but I won't be working alone on this game, Creamy is working on some terrific gameplay for it as well!

Also, nice screenshot Funkpanzer!

Funkpanzer

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 09/06/2017 16:38:22
That game looks great, Funkpanzer. But I don't recall giving you permission to use my likeness as a model for the fellow with the umbrella. :=

I may have taken one or two liberties with your private life... :sealed:

Creamy

Gameboy, each time you post a mouth-watering screenshot, you should be legally obliged to finish the game. I'm still waiting for the skier game. And for the boarded-house game.

Mandle

Is it just me or does Ponch-On-Da-Beach look like he was stabbed through the face with that sun umbrella?

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 10/06/2017 08:24:46
Is it just me or does Ponch-On-Da-Beach look like he was stabbed through the face with that sun umbrella?
It definitely does.
Murder mystery perhaps?

gameboy

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 10/06/2017 07:52:48
Gameboy, each time you post a mouth-watering screenshot, you should be legally obliged to finish the game. I'm still waiting for the skier game. And for the boarded-house game.
Haha, the ski game is actually sooo close to completion. When this MAGS round is over, I really need to kick myself to finish it.

Slasher

So good to see more entries this month ;)

keep it up guys (nod)

SilverSpook

Today's progress!  Not nearly finished with this spaceport but it's getting there!  Also made a new character today so that's good!

DBoyWheeler

Rejoice with me, for I have completed my MAGS entry!

It's called "Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue from Despair".

Here's the completed games thread for more info: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54906.0

[Edit]
In order to help, as well as fit the submission rules, here is the submission listed here as well.

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue from Despair

http://gamejolt.com/games/RosauraMagsJune2017/261950

Stupot

Nice. We have an entry. Well done D-Boy.
Fingers crossed for a few more. Some interesting stuff happening here :-)

Mandle

I just finished playing DBoy's game and it was really fun!

I posted a little review with my opinions on the game's strengths and weaknesses in the completed games thread.

I had a really good time playing and hope to see more games from DBoy!

DBoyWheeler

@Mandle I saw your review, and posted a reply.  Yeah, when you're forced to go solo, there are gonna be mistakes here and there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk