MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

Funkpanzer

Here's a riveting screenshot to keep this party going!

Mandle

I long to walk those golden sands!

This could just be the most epic MAGS round in recent memory!

Scavenger

SilverSpook

On the homestretch!  Come watch me work on Forgotten City live!

http://youtube.com/twiliteminotaur/live

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Indeed!  Here's the stream itself if you want to see how this insanity happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVPBVDF0_fg

Mandle

The final push!!!

Creating final graphics and sound assets to plug into the game before going in deep under the hood for final coding...

* Mandle takes a deep breath...

Mandle

THE ROTARY CLUB

A bit of a buggy game, but still a bit of fun maybe?

The Rotary Club are high-altitude helicopter rescue pilots.

Join their ranks and learn how to pilot a helicopter and rescue stranded climbers, and maybe someday buy out the whole business.

But the game is Rougelike, so I doubt anyone can win it in its current form.

(There are some buggy issues when leaving the Shop that I tried to fix for the last five hours but couldn't... If you click the EXIT button enough times the game will finally let you leave and continue playing...Damn game...)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

SilverSpook

My entry is coming in guys, sorry! It's 8 AM here in Hawaii so I'm just wakin' up. :)

Funkpanzer

Aieeee! Great job everyone! I've still got a ways to go before turning this adorable little mess in and will probably be on it until midnight EST if that's alright!

xBRANEx

Look what we have here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54985.msg636564969#msg636564969

It's been such a pleasure working with Tycho! I've learned so much!
Good luck to everyone!

xBRANEx

Sorry, delete

xBRANEx

I'm not sure how to delete a post, I accidentally quoted the last one.

Stupot

Nice. Lots of entries with plenty of time to spare. For everyone else, this is your two-hour warning.

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Sun 02/07/2017 19:54:34
I'[...]ll probably be on it until midnight EST if that's alright!
I have to officially open the voting in two hours. I need to get it done before I go to work.

If you can upload a build by then just to get your entry in, then I might turn a blind eye if you were to secretly swap it for a more complete build a few hours later.

Creamy

Uploading right now. The game is buggy and unpolished but finished.
There's a video so it's heavy. Google Drive says 1 hour 30 minutes :-[

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

xbranex and myself have been working very hard over the last month on this, and I am now worried because I have just discovered a bug very early in the game that means the player cant progress at all. Unfortunately this bug was only related to the very last build in which was uploaded as our entry (any previous builds did not have this issue).
To make matters worse xBranex understandably needed sleep so he has gone to bed, and I am sorry to say I cant do anything about this myself since I cant code. Naturally we will fix this as soon as humanly possibly, but it is very likely that xBranex wont even learn of this issue till he wakes which could be 6 or more hours from now, well beyond the mags deadline.

Stupot+ where do we stand now with respect the contest?

Stupot

@TMA - Don't worry. Just upload the new version when you can. Fixing game-breaking bugs is fine because we want people to actually play the whole thing. But continuing to generally work on the game and making new versions isn't allowed until after the voting.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 02/07/2017 23:31:46
Fixing game-breaking bugs is fine because we want people to actually play the whole thing.

Which is what I will be doing tonight.... That shop exit bug is annoying me sooooooooo much, but I SHALL defeat it!

Funkpanzer

This is definitely not how I wanted people to experience this story but I still feel really good about what I managed to make in a month! Thanks for letting me work out my bugs until the end of the day Stupot+, and thanks for your help selmiak! I'll post version 2.0 at the end of the day in the game thread but feel free to judge based on this version.

Bury Me in the Sand v1.9a

Regarding anyone trying to play to the end:
Spoiler
Once you're told to look for Christopher, the game is basically over until I can link up the rest of the events. :~(
[close]

edit: Game thread!

Creamy

Can't wait to play these games after a good night sleep :-D

For our part, Blondbraid and I take you

The year is 1789. Anger is simmering and people take the street, they protest against the priviliges of the nobility and the clergy. The revolution is coming. It will bring liberty, fraternity, equality… …and lots and lots of beheadings!
And unbeknownst to her, a fishmonger with a mid-life crisis finds herself in the middle of it all.

Sorry for the cold sweats Blondbraid, I did my best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk