MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

Stupot

Thanks for the entries, everyone.

Silverspook, where you at?
I have to start the voting. But I can add you to the poll if you get your entry in soon.

Stupot

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.
And what a bumper crop to choose from! Thanks to everyone for coming through and responding to my desperate plea for participants.
You can vote using the poll above.

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
by DBoyWheeler
Hang On
by Pilchard
Terror of the Vampire!
by Scavenger and Eggie
The Rotary Club
by Mandle
The Robolovers
by Brane and Tycho
Bury Me in the Sand
by Funkpanzer
Bustin' the Bastille
by Blondbraid and Creamy
The Forgotten City
by SilverSpook

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

Please use the poll at the top of this page.

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: July 16th

Let me know if I missed anything, got any names wrong or generally cocked something up.

Happy pointing, clicking and voting!

SilverSpook

I'll be getting my entry in soon, sorry! 

xBRANEx

About The Robolovers and the bug:

I'm pretty sure TMA just forgot about a puzzle I added in that was out of the script haha
I've tested now and had no problems

If you downloaded the game, play it. You shouldn't have problems there, none of the testers had them.

SilverSpook

Hey guys I'm trying to upload but my computer has crashed O:  I'm going to get this thing up ASAP sorry!

Mandle

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 03/07/2017 07:00:09
Hey guys I'm trying to upload but my computer has crashed O:

It's a machine conspiracy to stop you from telling the truth about their evil plans!

SilverSpook

Indeed! Good news is, looks like my game finally went up! 

Danvzare

Riaise

Well done, everyone! I'm looking forward to playing all of the entries! Although I'm not looking forward to deciding who to vote for, I think it will be a difficult choice! (nod)

Slasher

Slasher has pushed the MAG barrier this month...(laugh)

Many thanks to all those that entered....

It keeps MAG's alive (nod)

So many to play.. what can a poor boy do (laugh)

Stupot

Cool. I think that's all the links and everything up to date. Again, let me know if I've ballsed up something.
I wanna say thanks again to everyone who came out and participated. 8 games is a fantastic number and I'm really happy. And that could have even ended up as more than 10. Unlucky to those who didn't get their games across the line.
Thanks also to Slasher, who's enticing topic suggestion pretty much sealed the deal for most people to enter the contest.

I'd really love to keep some sort of momentum going, so anyone who feels like they've got another game in them, or anyone who missed out on June but still wants to be part of 'The Summer of MAGS', check out July's great theme. Don't be shy about setting up a team if you don't think you've got the energy to tackle it on your own.

Now, go and play June's games!

Funkpanzer

Soooo apparently having players wander around aimlessly until I tell them "Oh yeah, this is as far as I got with programming..." is not a very good way to get people to enjoy your game! I've added a little "To be continued..." pop-up in place of the missing ending and fixed some game breaking bugs that people have found. I hope that's alright!

Congratulations to everyone for getting in these amazing looking games!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Mon 03/07/2017 17:12:45
Soooo apparently having players wander around aimlessly until I tell them "Oh yeah, this is as far as I got with programming..." is not a very good way to get people to enjoy your game! I've added a little "To be continued..." pop-up in place of the missing ending and fixed some game breaking bugs that people have found. I hope that's alright!

Congratulations to everyone for getting in these amazing looking games!

Hmm...I got as far as:
Spoiler
Agnes tells you that Christopher is missing and then I got Gilda off the car roof. I wandered around to no avail and then somehow got stuck in front of the food truck area. In addition, a bit earlier someone told me that the food truck lady wanted to speak to me but there's no added dialogue. When I realized that I can't move the character out of the area and there's no new dialogues, I tried saving the game to come back to it but there's no save, apparently? I ended up turning the game off at this point.
[close]

Is that where the game ends or did I miss something?

Edit:
Spoiler
I now see that the original post says that this is the end of the game. I hadn't noticed that before playing
[close]

Mandle

UPDATE: ALL BUGS NOW FIXED!!!

THE ROTARY CLUB

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

The Rotary Club are high-altitude helicopter rescue pilots.

Join their ranks and learn how to pilot a helicopter and rescue stranded climbers, and maybe someday buy out the whole business.

The game is roguelike, one slip on the stick and you're mountain-fodder, so I doubt anyone can win it.

But maybe...just maybe...?

IMPORTANT:
If you click on "NEW" in the main menu this will start a new game and all of the progress on your saved game will be deleted!
Be sure to click on "LOAD" to continue your previous adventures!
The game only autosaves every time to reenter the Shop! Exiting the game while out flying WILL NOT save your progress!
This also means that if you make a hopeless buying mistake in the shop, as long as you push ESC and quit the game BEFORE the next time you enter the shop you can reload the game and make better choices.(Sorry that there's no better system for this at the moment, but, MAGS. Probably in a future version!)

HAPPY SKIES!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Mandle

UPDATE: Sorry, I found one last fatal bug and fixed it... Should be the last...

Link above updated so please download again if you playing an older version.

SilverSpook

I am not a roguelime fan by any stretch of the imagination (I can't even spell it right), in fact this might have been the first real roguelyke that I have played, Mandle.  But I could not stop playing "The Rotary Club" for at least an hour after I started. I felt like 5 again with my Nintendo, feigning the flu so I could stay home and beat that goddamn Quickman level in Megaman 2.  Super awesome job, and a true feat of programming to make that out of the AGS engine, I'm amazed you did it in a month!

I haven't got to play much yet, still looking forward to getting to the other entries!  The Robolovers thing has orgasmic visual style! :D

Mandle

Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 04/07/2017 06:48:22
Super awesome job, and a true feat of programming to make that out of the AGS engine, I'm amazed you did it in a month!

Hehe, I started making the game on the 21st... :-D

(And about 50% of the work was done on the last day before extended deadline was up. Man, what a rush (in both senses of the term))

Also, please download the newest version that I uploaded a short time ago. That should be all bugs fully squished!

selmiak

I had fun flying around and then going shopping. Some story sequences while you are shopping would add to the experience, even if it's just text. And a helicopter that turns around when going left ;)

Pilchard

Well done everyone! Exciting to see such a varied bounty of MAGS games this month - I know it's not something to take for granted. I'll be playing them all later this week.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Well done to everyone on getting their games complete, boy this contest was a corker for sure. I honestly thought we might be up against 2 or 3 other projects, 4 at the most,... but 7!.. and all reeking of such quality.

I have downloaded all of your games and intend to go through them one by one this week/over this weekend so shall start to comment on each of your projects as I go.

Best of luck with regard the contest, but all of you have already won in my books by completing your games in such a glorious fashion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk