BACKGROUND BLITZ: THE FINAL FIGHT - (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

Started by Rocchinator, Thu 08/06/2017 19:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

@funnyboy044 : It has to fit an AGS game... so you decide the size of it your self... and since you can do an ags with 1x1 pixel now... I guess that's the minimum theoretical size. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Quote from: funnyboy044 on Thu 15/06/2017 03:59:36
I'm considering joining the contest and I'm curious. How big the picture have to be?
As big or as small as you want.
Just try to make sure it fits on our screens.

Rocchinator

@funnyboy044
Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 15/06/2017 11:13:11
Quote from: funnyboy044 on Thu 15/06/2017 03:59:36
I'm considering joining the contest and I'm curious. How big the picture have to be?
As big or as small as you want.
Just try to make sure it fits on our screens.

Yep! Just as @Danvzare said!

funnyboy044

Here's my entry into the contest.

I tried to give my entry a Indiana Jones-y type of vibe.
Special Thanks to Tycho Magnetic Anomaly for some help.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

You can use this
Code: ags
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kwpJM6c.png[/img]

or use the buttons on the forum editor
[imgzoom]http://fractalscapes.net/-DUMP/button.png[/imgzoom]
The first button will put a normal image down... the 2nd button will make the image zoom-able

Top job on your background also...  very nostalgic looking (also fate of Atlantis was my all time fave p+c, hands down)

Rocchinator

@funnyboy044 great entry, look like an interior of an unactive volcano good enviroment too. See lost of thing to interact good job!

DBoyWheeler

@funnyboy044 And the pedestal... it's almost like Indiana Jones meets Undertale (seriously, the skull reminds me of the character Sans).

Blondbraid

It's a neat background, I like the Indiana Jones vibe!

lorenzo

If you manage to pass the snake pit, the mummy awaits you on the other side!

DBoyWheeler

@lorenzo Anything to reach "mummy dearest", huh? (laugh)

Rocchinator

@lorenzo Stunning entrie really good job, watching this in my head pops the prince of persia music hahaha!. Amazing art here, i love cartoonish style. and I had to say those snakes look hungry.

lorenzo

@DBoyWheeler (laugh) "Come here, boy, and your mummy will give you a big hug!"

@Rocchinator Thank you! No wonder the snakes look hungry, they haven't had a meal since the previous archaeological expedition...

DBoyWheeler

@lorenzo Looking forward to when this Background Blitz can call it a "wrap"?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

wowzers lorenzo that's some sweet background there. I just love your thick well defined stroking, the colors and composition are just perfect too. I have a thing for ancient egyptian history and mythology so the theme strikes a cord with me also.. super well done.

lorenzo

@DBoyWheeler Can't talk about that â€" I'm silent as a tomb.

@Tycho Magnetic Anomaly Thank you very much, Tycho! I, too, have an interest in ancient Egypt, so I had a lot of fun drawing the background (and looking at pictures of tombs and sarcophagi for inspiration).

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 23/06/2017 19:49:54
@DBoyWheeler Can't talk about that â€" I'm silent as a tomb.

Tut tut. (laugh)

Rocchinator

Ok Guys Good entries So Far. Lets Make a last effort 2 more days for entries. Lets do it. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Cassiebsg

Oh... don't think I'll make it. :-\
All I have is a stretch made in GraphicGale, and looks pretty awful... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Nixxon

Misj'

Clive & Richard: Animal Uprising

When Clive and Richard are attacked by a crocodile in the middle of Amsterdam, they discover a plot by Owen (also known as the Baron) to conquer the world using a mind-control helmet by which he controls a multitude of wild (though innocent) animals. They manage to track him down the the jungles of Africa for one final confrontation (in which no animals are harmed by our heroes). 

-- click for a version without characters and context --

This background is inspired by - and an ode to - the work of Franquin and the other artists working on Spirou and Marsupilami; though with a personal spin on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk