Hang On

Started by Pilchard, Sun 25/06/2017 08:43:22

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Interesting game ;-D
I agree with Blondbraid, ambient music or even wind sounds would add a nice touch. Gameplay, puzzles and graphics are awesome (nod)

Mandle

Also:

Conspiracy Theory Alert:

I believe Pilchard and CaeserCub are actually conjoined twins!

Slasher

Just completed the game...

Overall: A+  ;)

selmiak

This is a fun little game. And there I just happened to longplay it :)

Pilchard

Wow, thank you selmiak! It's always fun to see these videos, it was an unexpected bonus when I did Adventure Jam last month too. I appreciate how you've described the game in the YouTube text...'kleptomaniac yeti'. :) Anyway, I've subscribed to your channel!

Rest assured, the fully soundtracked version will be coming, with any luck next month. It was just too tricky to get that part up to scratch before the MAGS deadline, and I agree it painfully detracts from the atmosphere. I'll post here about an update as soon as it's ready.

Thank you to everyone who has played and commented here since I last posted, it's very encouraging to read all that. This forum has been so welcoming and supportive of my first couple of games and I'm looking forward to doing more.

Creamy

Finished it. It's easy on the eye and on the player, a great way to start this round of games. The simple yet charming style fits the game quite well : it reminds me of a bedtime story. Definitely a game I could play with my nephews.
Kudos to Rita, the badass mailwoman climbing the cableway with her bare hands :-D

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

This was on my MAGS list first. and I am happy to say I loved it.
Its quite short, but incredibly sweet.

A very neat and tidy game, the visuals have such a strong style, I love your de-saturated/pastel-ish pallet, excellent delicate color combos.
The characters had so much charm with very apt dialog.

I would love to see you expand on this game in some way or another.

And of course super well done on getting it complete it such a short time frame.

SilverSpook

Great game, very tight and just enough challenge to the puzzles not to rage-quit. Love the unique art style here and the animations are all very well done. The writing is spot-on as well; the dialog feels natural, and the characters come off like real people. A rarer delight these days!

Great work!

Hobo

A very lovely looking game with a lot of charm. As others have pointed out, music or ambient background sounds would have added quite a bit. Storywise it was pretty simple and straightforward. Puzzle were nice and logical, although in couple of cases I felt like I solved the problem before I even knew that there was one. Also, I somehow missed the same little thing as Scavenger and Matti.

Had an enjoyable playing experience, thank you!

horusr

A very good small game, I love the art!

Some suggestions for enhanced edition:
Spoiler
I like the boombox touch but I would like to interact with it. Maybe get tape out of it for eagle puzzle, I don't know

And I waited to make tea. Everything was there but we couldn't make tea, I was a little disappointed
[close]

lorenzo

I played Hang On yesterday, what a charming little game! After finishing it, I went and tried The Treasure of Loch Inch too. I love these small games, long enough to entertain you, but not too demanding. They really cheered me up after a bad day.
Can't wait to see your next project!

Pilchard

Thank you everyone for the further comments and suggestions for an improved version, all will be considered!

lorenzo: That's really nice feedback - thank you for seeking out Loch Inch too! I know what you mean, there are probably few better remedies after a tough day than a relaxing adventure-gaming session. :)

Gendgi

Seems interesting going to try and play it this weekend :)

Atavismus

Strong entry.
Better than your previous game imo (which was good).
I enjoyed playing and solving the puzzles.
Congratz Simon!

Pilchard

I recently had some time to complete work on Hang On. The main criticism of the MAGS version was the lack of audio, I've now addressed that with the addition of music and some ambient howling wind! There are also some minor gameplay improvements following other feedback.

Hopefully it's a more atmospheric and complete experience - I'm certainly happier with it (although I've kept the original MAGS version available for posterity). Perhaps not worth another playthrough if you already tried it earlier this year, but if you didn't get around to that, do check it out. :)

shaun9991

I really enjoyed this game, nice work Pilchard! It had a really nice feel/atmosphere to it
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

lorenzo

This is such a lovely game, that I didn't mind replaying it just to hear the new music. And it's a really nice addition! I didn't mind the lack of sound the first time I played it, but I must say that it makes the atmosphere even better.

I like how the music changes depending on what happened in the story. I'm especially fond of the relaxing theme at the start when you play Martha.

Both links on the thread appear to be for the MAGS version (HangOn-MAGS.zip). The link on the games database page is fine, though.

Pilchard

Shaun: Thank you! That means a lot.

Lorenzo: Very flattered you liked the game enough to play it again, and really glad to know the music has been a worthwhile addition! And thank you also for flagging up my mistake with one of the links, that should now be correct.

Mandle

Looking forward to playing this one again with the music and ambient sounds!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk