Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Awesome! Are the new season(s) any good? I used to love the old show but I wouldn't want to watch the new one if it was lame.

New pic coming soon!

Cassiebsg

Sorta lame.  :-\
Kind of: fit the old jokes in with a shoe horn. It's watchable but I don't really feel I would have missed much if I hadn't.  (wtf)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gilbert

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 22/03/2020 09:05:19
You're a mod, maybe you could change the topic to be more clear?  ;)
Done, but only the first post is changed atm, but I think replying to this thread will use the new subject now.

I'm not a global mod, and couldn't do this previously to boards I don't moderate.
It's been changed since some recent years that every mod can moderate the more general forums, but there seems to be some setting problems so I was not sure what can be done and what not until I tried.

Mandle

(One of the most terrifying shows of all-time, which makes me almost believe the conspiracy theories that mind-control through TV might have been considered back in the day, and this could have been one of the attempts)

VampireWombat

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 23/03/2020 13:54:56
Teletubbies?

Yup, over to you, you mind-controlled wombat, you...

VampireWombat

lol. I didn't actually expect it to be correct.

I can't think of anything witty. So, I'll just go with a sitcom I've been watching lately.

Mandle

Welcome Back Kotter?

VampireWombat

Nope. But an episode I watched yesterday could be somewhat connected.

VampireWombat

The link between the two. Kind of.

dayowlron

Loved that show. Head of the class?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

That is correct. I thought I'd have to post from the season(s) with Billy Connolly before anyone would get it.
For those who don't get the link. The above picture is from a production of Grease. And John Travolta was in Welcome Back Kotter.

dayowlron

here is one. sorry for the bad quality of the picture. it is an older show
[imgzoom]https://i.postimg.cc/x8SmCGr3/r2.png[/imgzoom]
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Pretty sure it's not, but "CHiPs?"

Mandle

dayowlron

no correct answers yet. no its not chips or starsky and hutch.
another pic. it is hard to find pics of it so i have to grab from short clips.
[imgzoom]https://i.postimg.cc/TYk7BJyr/2r.png[/imgzoom]

hint
Spoiler
in the first image the middle person is still very active in a very popular tv series also in law enforcement (although since this is an older show he is much older now.) the female is also still active but with bit parts.
[close]

Mandle

dayowlron

All have been good guesses but thats not it either. Have a feeling no one has seen this show.
It is hard finding images like I mentioned so I am going to share a publicity photo with the 3 main characters. This should make it a lot easier. small hint the show only had 2 seasons.
[imgzoom]https://i.postimg.cc/Qd8P09vw/unnamed.jpg[/imgzoom]

Cassiebsg

Uhm... never seen it, but after a bit of search and recognizing Mark Harmon (barely might I add!) I found that it's 240-Robert:-D

This makes me wonder, that maybe I should start watching old shows again.   ;)

Edit: Let me add, that if you had posted the other official pic that is on IMDB, I would have probably never recognized him, since it's that "quirky" smile I recognized...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk