Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Cassiebsg

Nope, sorry, that show started first in 2005... but still you're in the right track for gender genre.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Cassiebsg

My epguides site says Buffy started in 97, so nope, not Buffy either. There might be vampires on this show, but I can't remember if there was any to me honest. (laugh)

Here's another screengrab... probably won't help much either though. (laugh)

On the plus side, next screenshot will include main cast (though they already are featured on the 1st one (but I guess it's hard to identify them there... (roll) )

Kumpel

Frodo

ManicMatt

Come on folks how are those anywhere near 1996!
:P

Cassiebsg

Like ManicMatt says... neither of those shows aired in 1996. (roll)

Okay then, first cast pic:

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Cassiebsg

Correct year, I can give you the 1st screenshot could be from that show, but it's not a crime show (most of the time anyway)... the genre is definitely correct in all previous guesses. So, no, not Silent Witness. (wrong)

Okay one pic more, this time with all 4 main cast actors in view (unfortunately they replace one of them in a future season by a guy that I really can't stand ruining part of the show for me...)

(If no one gets it by tomorrow I'll post a dead give away, since I'm sure everyone will be "Oh! That is ... !!!" --> IMDB Google! --> "There it can only be that show!" (laugh)

Note: (seems like IMDB doesn't list the show on the actor's page... yet, he's credited in the show's page... weird... it must be ... (roll) )

Edit: Genre, not gender... (laugh) tks ManiacMatt (nod)

Stupot

Cassiebsg

(wrong)
Am I the only one watching weird shows? (roll)

ManicMatt

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Cassiebsg

That's what Gurok wanted me to post... and that's not the main cast of Sliders either. (wrong)

Okay, I expect this to be my last picture post, and my next post to be "Yup! That is it! (nod) "

Snarky

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 04/04/2018 20:21:53
Note: (seems like IMDB doesn't list the show on the actor's page... yet, he's credited in the show's page... weird... it must be ... (roll) )

It's because Aykroyd wasn't acting in a role, but hosted it as himself. It's listed under the "Self" tab on IMDB.

I think I must have seen this at some point in the 90s, but it made zero impression whatsoever. And I recognized Colin Fox but couldn't put a name to the face. :-\  (Edit: He was in the Maniac Mansion show as Ed Edison!)

Cassiebsg

Is it there? I looked and didn't saw it under the "Self" tab. :-\

*checks again*

Yup, it is there... I either need glasses or learn to type the show's name without a "-" in it. (laugh)

Anyway, title, I need a tittle to give a prize... (nod)

ManicMatt

I can picture Dan Akroyd saying something like:

"Life can be full of mysteries, but in this particular case our team discover something they'll wish remained a mystery."

and each episode is an isolated case thats supernatural like the x-files, and I feel like I have seen several episodes of this back in the 90's, but can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Cassiebsg

LOL, yes, that is exactly the type of line he would say on this show. (nod) (laugh)

dayowlron

Extreme Ghostbusters?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk