Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Okay, never heard of the show... didn't even knew he had a sister, much less a twin sister! 8-0 Guess making Beverly Hills wasn't as "new" as one might have guessed. (laugh)

Anyway, next (sorry for the bad quality):
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/eBmDFD8.png[/imgzoom]

OT: I'm also sad that SAaB got the axe. :~( and it was more true to BSG than than the new show ever will. :P
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cassiebsg

Not a single try?

here's the next:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/wfQQsqw.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Is that John Hurt?

The Sweeney?

Cassiebsg

If it is, he's not credited, and it's not that show.

Maybe this one will help a bit more:

ManicMatt

No idea..

The Tommorow People?

Mandle

The Time Tunnel?

Lost In Space?

Cassiebsg

No, no , and... Lost in Space? I thought that show was mostly about being in space, not on Earth? No. :P

Also, ManicMatt, is at least closer in time frame and type of show. ;)
Anyway, since nobody seems to recognize the backs of some of the heroes... let's try another view, with less back and more face. (laugh)
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/VspYp6B.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

ManicMatt

The Famous Five? (Probably not the same type of show..)

VampireWombat

Lost in Space and Happy Days really confuse me...
The video quality and setting is very different from either.
The hints and video quality tell me it's from the 70s and most likely not American.
Not being credited makes it difficult. But I'm guessing Play For Today since the episode he was in is the right time period and is called the Peddler.

Cassiebsg

ManicMatt gets the 5 stars! (nod)

Type as in: Both are youth shows. ;) There's a reason I didn't type genre. :-D

This one would have been the last clue:
Spoiler
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Lmy1oAc.png[/imgzoom]
[close]

ManicMatt

Oh, woop!! I just saw the kids doing clever stuff and guessed that.

I'll upload a pic tomorrow!

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 20/07/2018 13:28:28
Lost in Space and Happy Days really confuse me...

They were just random guesses.

Unless I'm getting it confused with Star Trek, I thought there were episodes of Lost In Space where they went to alternative Earths only to find out they were evil traps of some kind? Probably I'm wrong. Only saw both shows when I was a kid. (Yeah, I was a Star Wars kid and never liked Star Trek much. Plus they didn't air it much in Australia. Still don't by the looks of it.)

As for Happy Days: I glanced at the picture while at work without zooming and misread the boy's face as a young Richie and the other child as Joanie because of the hairstyle. I thought it might be some bizarre episode where they went on holiday or a dream sequence of something. Didn't really think it was correct. I was actually going to guess The Hardy Boys next but by then The Famous Five had been guessed and I suspected it was correct because of the more British-looking settings.

Plus, people often post up pictures on purpose that are misleading in setting, or otherwise, as a diversion.

By the way, you said video quality was so different. Apart from Cassie saying sorry for the quality of the shots, which could have meant the actual show had better quality IRL, you guessed from the quality that the show was from the 70s: "Happy Days is an American television sitcom that aired first-run from January 15, 1974..."

No real need to call people out for crazy guesses though is there? It could kind of make people feel like they are being told they are wasting everyone's time in a thread that's just for fun anyway, right? ;)

(Oh, and I don't mean specifically you, VampireWombat. It happens quite a bit in this thread. Maybe if we didn't do that newer AGS members would feel more comfortable to have a try instead of just the regulars who already feel pretty secure here in the forums?)

VampireWombat

If there were any episodes of Lost in Space where they went to alternate Earths, I didn't see them at least. Which doesn't mean there weren't. For the most part the family was stuck on the same planet, unless that changed in later seasons.

It wasn't the video quality that told me it was the 70s, it was Cassie saying that it was the same time period as The Tomorrow People that told me that. But there's a specific look to most American tv up until maybe the 90s that these images just don't have. I don't know if it was the specific film used or what.  And I can't say that it's true for all non-American tv. It's just one of those things I can't quite explain. Kind of like how I can instantly tell a soap opera from any other kind of tv.

And I was just confused at how the images could make you think of either show is all. Not so much calling your guesses crazy. Anyway, sorry. I'll try to refrain from such in the future.

A big part of it is probably the difference in NTSC vs PAL encoding.

ManicMatt

Mandle

ManicMatt

Not heard of that one. which answers your guess, lol.

Frodo

The Thin Blue Line?

Cassiebsg

The Bill? (even though that picture looks too clean and I don't recognize the officer... (roll) )

ManicMatt

That was quick, Frodo wins the imaginary prize, one ring to rule them all. Enjoy!

By the way guys, why does that copper look familiar? He's just an extra so either he just looks like someone else, or went on to bigger roles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk