Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 23/07/2018 15:12:05
Just want to add, I miss Leslie Nielsen, he was brilliant.

He was! When the Zucker brothers approached him to appear in Airplane he told them "I think you have the wrong guy. I'm not a comedian." and they told him that the way the comedy was supposed to work couldn't be done by comedians. They needed the straightest-faced performances ever.

He told them that, in that case, he could do it.

And the parody movie genre was born.

ManicMatt

Ah ingenious, the lot of them! I miss a good parody movie. We had all that Scary Movie/Epic Movie etc by the same people and the ones I saw were garbage. I don't know if there's some good recent parodies that I'm unaware of.

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 23/07/2018 16:06:12
We had all that Scary Movie/Epic Movie etc by the same people and the ones I saw were garbage.

I think the Zucker brothers didn't make all the Scary Movie series. I think they only made either 2 or 3, I forget which, but it was the one that combined The Matrix with The Ring and Sign and it was hilarious!!!

Even funnier than the actual movie is the Bonus Features on the DVD (same for Airplane too)!

ManicMatt

sorry, I just meant that all the "____ movie" spoofs around that time were from the same writers/producers whatever. I wasn't aware the Zuckers had any involvement, and I've only seen the first scary movie.

dayowlron

Wow, that was a guess just from leslie neilsen and the background.
Next:
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

One simple search proved to me which show this was since I could only think of 2 that David Spade was in and I knew for sure this wasn't the other...
Sadly, 2 actors from it died.
8 Simple Rules, which at least at one point was 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter.

dayowlron

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 23/07/2018 19:48:13
One simple search proved to me which show this was since I could only think of 2 that David Spade was in and I knew for sure this wasn't the other...
Sadly, 2 actors from it died.
8 Simple Rules, which at least at one point was 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter.
Correct and yes including John Ritter who died on the set.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Admittedly I didn't remember James Garner had been on it. And I couldn't remember if if John Ritter actually died or had been taken to a hospital and died shortly after.

Okay, this is from a show I thought of yesterday since an actor I saw in something I watched yesterday was also in this. And scifi fans might recognize this actor from something.
[imgzoom]http://i67.tinypic.com/a305cm.jpg[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Well, I just saw this actor in a show called "The Shooter" in Japan. He played the US President... He doesn't look very Presidential in the picture though but I'll give it a shot... 8-)

VampireWombat

Since I hadn't heard of The Shooter until you mentioned it, nope.
The watched both the show that made me think of this and this show on Netflix.
And for those who haven't figured out who this actor is, it's Tom Wright. Who I first saw on Star Trek Voyager as Tuvix.
edit: I just checked, and it seems this show is no longer on Netflix...
So, here's another image.
[imgzoom]http://i65.tinypic.com/2j2gjut.jpg[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 24/07/2018 13:04:05
Since I hadn't heard of The Shooter until you mentioned it, nope.

It seems to be a collection of movies based on the theme of snipers but assembled under the blanket title of "The Shooter: Blah-blah-blah".

So I don't even know if it is an actual series or just presented as one here. It's on Fox Movies so you never know what lows they will sink to.

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 24/07/2018 12:37:33
He played the US President...
I was debating whether to comment that he looks a bit like Obama but thought some might think I was being racist so I kept scrolling. Then I saw this comment. Clearly some casting director thought the same thing.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 24/07/2018 13:12:47
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 24/07/2018 12:37:33
He played the US President...
I was debating whether to comment that he looks a bit like Obama but thought some might think I was being racist so I kept scrolling. Then I saw this comment. Clearly some casting director thought the same thing.

Firstly, isn't it just amazing that we live in a world where people have to second guess saying a person of a particular DNA profile looks like another person with a similar DNA profile look similar to each other must be worried about being thought a racist?!

Secondly, I don't think he was actually playing the role of Obama in the show and I didn't think he really looked like him, but now that you mention it I can see why you would say so. Probably the casting was due to this but I don't know 100%.

VampireWombat

Well, things certainly took an unexpected turn...

dayowlron

VampireWombat

You are correct.
And the show I watched Sunday was the new Lost in Space, which has Parker Posey as the fake Dr. Smith.

dayowlron

I just had a turn recently so anyone can take my turn. I only got that one cause they are the only one that Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wright have been in recently and it looked like it was recent from the age of Christopher Lloyd.

Mandle

Okay, anyone seen this one?

Frodo

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk