Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

I'm pretty surprised that this show wasn't guessed instantly by this community as it is obviously just an adventure game brought to TV and must have been made by adventure game fans.

It's all about collecting items!

If anyone here hasn't seen it then they should!

VampireWombat

The only adventure game brought to TV I've seen is Maniac Mansion. Which very much strayed from its source.

So, I'm going to guess Detectorists, which I haven't seen, but is in my Netflix queue...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 27/07/2018 17:05:24
The only adventure game brought to TV I've seen is Maniac Mansion.

Sorry, I didn't literally mean it was a pre-existing adventure game brought to TV. I just meant that it 100% had the feel of playing an adventure game.

Plus: It would make an amazing adventure game if someone made it!

VampireWombat

Yeah, I knew you didn't mean literally.
But I haven't seen any tv show that I'd really say felt like an adventure game. Including Maniac Mansion...
Of course I've seen several tv shows which could work as a basis of an adventure game.
So, not Detectorists...
Collectors?

Mandle

Nope...

BONUS HINT: The collectable items in the show are combinable as inventory puzzles to completely change their effects!

WARNING: Death/insanity/and-or the destruction of the fabric of reality may ensue from random experimentation!

dayowlron

Was there a movie version of Full Throttle? that is the video game the image reminds me of.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Stupot

I think this is The Lost Room. That was a mini series that involved a Motel with a door that led to different places on Earth. It also had a bunch of items that all had some different power. It could work as an adventure game. But I don't remember anything about combining the items.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 27/07/2018 23:15:39
I think this is The Lost Room. That was a mini series that involved a Motel with a door that led to different places on Earth. It also had a bunch of items that all had some different power. It could work as an adventure game. But I don't remember anything about combining the items.

BINGO!!!

SPOILERS
Spoiler

About the motel: Kind of. "The Event" that happened at The Sunshine Motel in 1961 caused room 10 to vanish from reality to the point were nobody even remembered that it had existed. That's the reason why the motel looks weirdly cut off at the end of the row there. Visiting the site with The Undeveloped Polaroid object and looking at it while walking around allows a person to view the room through it.

The objects are all items that, it is assumed, were in the room at the time of The Event and all have powers, from the useless ones to the insanely powerful ones.

Combining the objects completely changes what they do. I think it was combining the scissors with the alarm clock that produces the power to evaporate solid metal into gas.

There is a video of what happened during "The Conway Configuration" (or something like that), where several items were combined at the motel site, that is truly terrifying!
[close]

It's a great miniseries, and only about 6 hours in total from start to finish.

A must-watch for adventure game fans!

VampireWombat

Huh... I wonder how I either missed this miniseries or forgot it. I would have had the Scifi Channel in 2006.

Frodo

Mandle

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 14/08/2018 01:06:21
*pokes Stupot*  :tongue:

I think Stu might be busy travelling back from England. I doubt he'd mind if someone took over the next one.

Frodo

Okay, hope you don't mind Stupot.  :smiley:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/eCekz08.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Frodo

VampireWombat

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy miniseries?
(doubt it, but the robot makes me think of it for some reason)

Frodo

Hehe, sorry, no. 

Mandle

Saturday Night Live?

Frodo

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 15/08/2018 02:16:40
Saturday Night Live?

Not Saturday Night Live.
But you reminded me of the hilarious clip with 'Bruce Dickenson', and more cowbell.  :grin:
https://vimeo.com/241311990

Danvzare

Frodo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk