Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

I stuck with The Good Wife to the end, but I hadn't got around to The Good Fight even though I have it on streaming, so thanks for reminding me of its existence!

Carrie Preston and Felicia Day resemble each other a lot, to my eyes.

Next:

Kweepa

I don't know who or what I'm looking at...
Maybe set in the 20s in colonial Africa?
But what's with the guy on the right who appears to have stepped out of a Yorkshire pub?
Also, what is that weird twisted wood thing in the background on the left?
So many questions...

You should watch The Good Fight immediately. We subscribed to CBS for Star Trek Discovery, and quickly abandoned it to binge Strange Angel and then The Good Fight. Then we started watching The Good Wife, which is good, but not as good as The Good Fight.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Snarky

Haha, love those questions, Kweepa!

Yeah, I did a quick binge of The Good Fight this weekend, and man, this is 100% just a reboot of The Good Wife under a (slightly) different name and with a new scandal, isn't it?! Getting rid of the Florricks (and in particular their addiction to running for office, even if that means Eli is out too) to start fresh while keeping many of the best recurring characters is a good move.

Snarky

No guesses at all? 'Nother clue, then:

Stupot

No idea but did you notice the cameraman's finger taking up half the screen in the last clue but one?

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 27/08/2018 23:14:23
No idea but did you notice the cameraman's finger taking up half the screen in the last clue but one?

Is that even possible to do with a movie camera?

Snarky

I'm pretty sure it's the edge of someone's head in the foreground, since it's from the viewpoint of someone glancing past their current conversation.

Also, the answer to Kweepa's questions:

Spoiler
Hipsters! (And also a cult)
[close]

Mandle

That "cult" isn't called something like "The Kill Club" is it?

It just reminds me of the movie "The Dark Place" where there's a club of amatuer detectives, some of whom come in costumes and roleplay eccentric characters.

I know this is the TV thread but I thought the idea might have been borrowed for a TV show.

VampireWombat

Finally something I can work with.
Since I'm pretty sure that's Alia Shawkat in the newest image, I'm guessing Search Party.

Snarky

Correct. I figured even if you didn't recognize Shawkat, you could make out the name "Chantal" on the conspiracy chart (aka "murder board!") and Google it.

Also, that's Parker Posey in the first cap (playing the Allison Mack role as the cult leader's right hand) and John Early (who's been in a ton of stuff recently) in the second, so I feel I was playing pretty fair.

VampireWombat

Ah. Now that you say Parker Posey, I can kind of see that it's her. But by the angle and hair color I never would have thought of her on my own.
And looking at John Early's imdb, I can safely say I've never seen anything listed under actor.

Snarky

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 28/08/2018 12:51:59
And looking at John Early's imdb, I can safely say I've never seen anything listed under actor.

30 Rock, Wet Hot American Summer: FDOC, High Maintenance and Broad City are must-watch, and Portlandia, Search Party, Love and Another Period are worth a try.

Mandle

You guys watch a lot of TV.

Kweepa

Duh, it's the What's on TV thread.
Don't judge us!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Mandle

Quote from: Kweepa on Tue 28/08/2018 18:43:45
Duh, it's the What's on TV thread.
Don't judge us!

Word.

VampireWombat

Not a single guess?

Frodo

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers?

VampireWombat

Nope. But I checked and this did run during the same time period.

Frodo

VampireWombat

Nope. But that was one of the 3 shows I considered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk