Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer Puddin'

Snarky

(wrong)

But you're not too far off: it's a farce.

Mandle

Snarky

Wait, I just noticed Privateer Puddin's post (I was responding to Gurok, didn't see there was another page on the thread). Yes, it is Frasier.

Mandle

I half suspected that might be the case.

Love that show!

Privateer Puddin'

I was honestly starting to question my sanity when you said it wasn't Frasier.

Stupot

I recognize that house.
Is it Sabrina the teenage witch?

Privateer Puddin'

Mandle

Privateer Puddin'

dayowlron

I think I have seen that house also, but not sure where.
First thing that came to mind was Charmed, or possibly Mork & Mindy
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Hmm. Screenshots from a CBS affiliate from Dallas, Texas. It's most likely an American sitcom from between 1985 and 1999. Shame I never really watched sitcoms on CBS...
Edit: A bit of research tells me this probably aired between 1995 and 2000.
So, I'm guessing Picket Fences.

Privateer Puddin'

Nope, nope, and nope.

dayowlron

Being in Dallas Texas area I watch CBS-11 all the time, but I get the feeling the show was more like the 1980s. I don't recognize the actor shown in the second shot but I got to thinking the actor could have been a guest star and not a primary actor which got me to thinking that the house may not be the house from the show, but it could be a house that showed up for 1 episode.
I am going to guess Major Dad.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

To be honest, my guess of 1995-2000 is based on an ident timeline video I got when I looked up where the station was. 1995 is when the video showed a square behind the 11 and put The Eye of Texas...
I'm going to guess Bless This House, 1995 American version.

dayowlron

That makes a lot of sense and good detective work. I got here in the late 80s so don't remember when the logo changed or if it had always been like that. with that being said it could have been a rerun that the screenshot was taken from but I am starting to agree that it might be newer than I originally thought.

Privateer Puddin'

Nope and nope. I like the detective work going on!

Kweepa

The house is the Cook Mansion, in Piru, California.
It's appeared in lots of films and TV shows...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piru_Mansion#Film_and_television
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

dayowlron

Murder She Wrote?

Kweepa

Married with Children?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk