[close]

Galen

Showing the character names is a bit too much of a giveaway:
YOU
S1E1: 'Pilot'
10:34 into the episode.

Snarky

No, that's not it.

Well, OK, it is. (How specific!) It wasn't meant to be very hard; that's the female lead in full view too.
The show is basically Dexter except instead of a 30-something forensic tech in Miami he's a 20-something bookstore clerk in New York, and a stalker.

Kweepa

What makes the main character likeable? Sounds gross.
For example, Dexter is killing bad people (at least to start with).
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Galen

Hey, technically the rules are 'a guess should be complete though mentioning the title, season and episode numbers as well'. I'm just playing by them =p

Snarky

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 27/02/2019 00:36:54
What makes the main character likeable? Sounds gross.
For example, Dexter is killing bad people (at least to start with).

Like Dexter (who I'm not sure was ever really "likeable") he has a kind of "moral code", and acts like a really nice person maybe 80-90% of the time. And when he does something bad, he always has some self-justification about how he's really just trying to protect someone or make them happy. But I think it's most of all about getting us as viewers invested in the sheer challenge of the thing: he's constantly put in these jams he has to get out of somehow, and you end up rooting for him on some level just because it's fun to see how he overcomes difficult obstacles. (Also a lot of the appeal of Breaking Bad, I think.)

Oh, plus another trick: fill out the role gallery with truly unlikeable supporting characters, so that he looks better by comparison and you don't mind so much when bad things happen to them.

Galen

This time with some costuming hints, hopefully.

Kweepa

Is that the back of Nathan Fillion's head?
I'm going to guess The Rookie.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Galen

It's not Nathan Fillion. Show is set in Kentucky.

Jack

Justified or maybe Sons of Anarchy?

Galen

Yeah it's Justified.

Jack

I'm fairly certain the whole point of Justified is to continue the main actor's character from Deadwood.

Probably pretty easy:

Galen

Didn't respond cuz lazy but that looks like Clarkson in the first picture, combined with the goings on... The Grand Tour (or maybe a later episode of Top Gear).

Jack

Dang, didn't see this. It is The Grand Tour.

Galen

I'll leave that to whoever wants a go at screenshotting a show.

broad545458

I watch brawling go manga tv show.

Adeel

I'm sure Brawling Go must a nice manga, but I'm afraid this isn't it.

Here's another shot:
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Cvfwklb.png[/imgzoom]

Jack

Not sure it's the show I'm thinking of, but Altered Carbon?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk