Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Yup  (nod)

From IMDBs trivia box...
it was consistently their highest-rated Australian-made program.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Laura Hunt

Google says "The Doctor Blake Mysteries" (I'm guessing at this point using google is legit, since nobody else seems to know or have watched the series ¯\_(ãÆ'„)_/¯ )

morganw

consistently their highest-rated Australian-made program.
Surely this is Sea Patrol.

Cassiebsg

Tak notarobotyet.  (nod)
Your turn.

Edit: Also nothing wrong with typing in the clues into Google, or your favorite search engine...  ;) so if that's what you did, it's a perfectly valid way to get to the answer...  (nod)
feeding the image to google and let it find similar images for you is not cool, though.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 10/06/2019 21:40:06
Tak notarobotyet.  (nod)
Your turn.

Edit: Also nothing wrong with typing in the clues into Google, or your favorite search engine...  ;) so if that's what you did, it's a perfectly valid way to get to the answer...  (nod)
feeding the image to google and let it find similar images for you is not cool, though.

Where even is the fun in googling images though? Unless the only reason you play is so you can post the next screenshot  (laugh)

OK, an easy one now (I think), from one of my favourite series ever:

VampireWombat

I'm 90% sure that's Clancy Brown. Especially since I watched an episode of the 90s Outer Limits with him today. I'm also equally sure of what series this is. But since I won the last round of the movie thread, I'll let someone else guess.
But if I'm right, this series has the daughter of a musician from Texas in it.

Cassiebsg

Just cause of the eyes... Supernatural?

Mandle

I don't know if he's in it at all but a shot in the dark:

The Good Place?

Mandle

Mandle

Mandle

VampireWombat

Well, seeing Michael J. Anderson of Twin Peaks fame confirms it is indeed Carnivale. With Meat Loaf's daughter in the first season.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 11/06/2019 13:42:56
Well, seeing Michael J. Anderson of Twin Peaks fame confirms it is indeed Carnivale. With Meat Loaf's daughter in the first season.

Ha! I didn't know that, but I definitely see the resemblance now.

And yes, Carnivale, of course. One of the weirdest and most fascinating oddities ever seen on TV, but of course it couldn't last and got cancelled by HBO after its second season. To be fair, the writing was kind of all over the place by then, but I'm still really fond of it anyway. And those opening credits! And the music! Oh, what I wouldn't give to get another season or two. Or a movie, seeing how well it worked with Deadwood...

Your turn then, Mr Wombat!

VampireWombat

This has someone else I saw in a different episode of the 1990s Outer Limits yesterday.

VampireWombat

Maybe this will get a guess out of Cassie.

VampireWombat

Yes, Clancy Brown is in this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk