Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Cassiebsg

That was way too easy... and I come to late... then again I'm happy that I won't be stuck with the thread again.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

That was pretty easy, yeah.  :P

I came across my old DVDs of this series the other day. For some reason I had to import it from Japan (or Taiwan? I forget) way back when. Now the whole thing is just a google-click away. Truly an age of wonders…

Mandle

Snarky

Snarky

OK, fair warning about this next screencap. It's all sorts of upsetting and nsfw:

Spoiler
[close]

Snarky

Snarky

I know for a fact that several people active on the forums are fans of this show.
Maybe you'll recognize this guy…

Snarky

:-D

It's a comedy-horror-soap somewhat in the vein of Twin Peaks (with a pinch of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace). Although not made in English, the show was enough of a cult hit to be edited into a movie version for the UK and US, and later got an American remake.

lorenzo

Snarky

You're right: Lars von Trier's Riget (The Kingdom).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryw5vGQjOWM

Stephen King did the remake series, which I've heard was not particularly good.

Cassiebsg

Ah, that last shot I recognized the actor and guessed the show.  (nod) but I've only ever seen bits and pieces, never the entire show. I was too young when it aired on PT television to grasp it. An haven't seen it since.

Snarky

This bit from the plot summary on Wikipedia (spoilers, obvs) cracked me up and gives a pretty good sense of what the show is like:

QuotePathologist Dr. Bondo attempts to convince the family of a man dying from liver cancer to donate his liver to the hospital for Bondo's research. (In fact, Bondo wants it as a trophy, as it is the second largest hepatosarcoma ever recorded.) When his request is denied, Bondo has the cancerous liver transplanted into his own body (as the patient signed an organ donor form), so that the cancer will become his personal property and can be kept within the hospital.

lorenzo

Mandle

Clint East World?  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

TheFrighter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk