Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Right actor, wrong show.

VampireWombat

Snarky

I guess I'll take pity and pick up this one: What We Do in the Shadows.

After not really enjoying it at first, I came around on this show (The vampire tribunal was brilliant!), and now I'm really digging season two.

VampireWombat

I didn't really need pity. I intentionally chose screenshots to make it seem like an office sitcom. lol.

But yes, you are quite correct.

Snarky

I got a kick out of this scene because I'm fairly confident I've been to the place where they filmed it:

Snarky

Looks like a fun party.

Cassiebsg

I'm not sure the pigs agrees...  (roll)
No idea about the movie though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

TheFrighter

That poor pig has suffered enough!

It's Kingdom, a south-korean historical horror drama (!) on Netflix.

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 24/04/2020 22:22:09
I got a kick out of this scene because I'm fairly confident I've been to the place where they filmed it:

So you was in South Korea, Snarky?
_

Snarky

Correct.

Yeah, I went there for a conference five years ago, and spent a week seeing the country. (Took a Train to Busan and everything.) If this was filmed where I think, though…

… It was just a few minutes' walk from the conference center, the royal tombs in Seonjeongneung Park in the Gangnam district of Seoul. (Yes, they did get Psy to… err, do a keynote speech at the conference.)

Admittedly it's quite possible that there are other tombs with roughly the same features elsewhere in Korea.

Mandle

Interesting background story, Snarky.

Quite some years ago Stupot and Cat and I met up here in Japan and I took them to a bit of a secret cemetery on top of a mountain above a Korean shrine and the burial mounds they had there for their "founders" from hundreds of years ago (three in a row) looked just like the mounds in those pictures.

TheFrighter

Ok, after the east let's go west!

_

Mandle

VampireWombat

Oh. Is this Wynonna Earp? I barely finished the first episode, so it's just a guess.
Though, searching Wynonna Earp Badge does bring up something similar to the previous picture...

TheFrighter

Correct, VampireWombat! It is Wynonna Earp from the comic book series!

_

VampireWombat

Jack

VampireWombat

You are correct. John Goodman in the very short time period he played the main character.

Jack

Tricksy Hobbitses. He tries to trickses us, but it didn't work, did it, precious? No it didn't.

I'll never forget the episode where the "virus" was eating the ink from all books around the world. This was before so much was digital.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk