Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 13/12/2020 01:02:16
Robin of Sherwood? (That's the name of a RH show or movie, right?)

That's the one.  Such an amazing TV programme.  The best version of Robin Hood out there! And love Herne the Hunter.   :grin:
It was heartbreaking when...
Spoiler
Robin dies.  He shoots his last arrow into the air, then breaks his bow to show that he's ready.  Then they kill him.
[close]
:cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K2OAC5ISPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GF7NxssVs

Your turn Snarky.   :wink:

Snarky

That made me think of this:

Snarky

Nope. We've had this one before, actually…

Snarky

Alright, to continue the king of limbs theme:

(These screens are not all from the same episode, BTW.)

Danvzare

If it wasn't for the modern technology in the background, it would kinda look like a screenshot from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I'm not sure why.  :-\

Is it perhaps from American Horror Story?

Snarky

Frodo

Dunno what the programe is, but that piccy, with his foot hanging over the edge of the bath, makes me think of the old nursery rhyme. 

This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy stayed home.
And this little piggy... GOT CHOPPED OFF WITH MY SCISSORS.

:grin:

heltenjon

Could be Hannibal, if that was the name of the show. The one with Hannibal Lecter. ???

Snarky

Yes, the show was called Hannibal. Which was also the first show featured in this thread, back on page 1.

CBS has just announced a new show called Clarice, which will follow Jody Foster's character from the movie.

Interestingly, the TV rights to Thomas Harris's books and characters ended up being split, so that NBC's Hannibal had the rights to use Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham (from Manhunter/Red Dragon) and most other characters/stories, but not anything that originally came from Silence of the Lambs, like Clarice Starling or Buffalo Bill. (They created close approximations as stand-ins instead.) And now Clarice won't be allowed to use Hannibal Lecter or anything from the other books.

heltenjon

I don't have anything international right now, so anyone may take my turn.

heltenjon

Ok, here's one. Shows who runs the tv in my house, I guess.

heltenjon

Nobody? I'd thought this one was too easy. Here's another one:

Cassiebsg

It is, but it's I guess it's sad one knows it.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

heltenjon

Nope. No satire whatsoever in this one. Just what my son watches.

Cassiebsg

Fine, I'll end the suffering. It's Paw Patrol... loved by toodlers and young children.  (roll)

Reiter

Can you truly blame, Cassiebsg? Goodness, all children's programs look entirely the same nowadays. Still, a clever trick!

heltenjon

And here I had prepared another slew of pics without the dogs in them... :-D Paw Patrol it is.

Am I the only one watching these shows with my kids and thinking "But how can this work?" And I'm not thinking of the talking dogs, or whatever, but of how expensive it all must be to build and maintain. Postman Pat uses a helicopter to deliver some balloons...  (laugh)

Cassiebsg, you're up.

Cassiebsg

You are not, and I've watched a lot of cartoons, still do...

Talking dogs, don't bother me too much, except when you stop to think that other animals, like cats, don't talk... and a 9 year old "commands" all that??? Maybe it's a play/dream the 9 year old is having?  (laugh) Can't think of any other way to explain it.

Anyway, next, one I'm currently re-watching... last I watched I was around 5 years old.  (roll)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk