Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiter

'Noah's Island', by chance?

Hojski-bojski!

Frodo

Jungle Book:  Adventures Of Mowgli? 

Cassiebsg

Neither, and "Hojski-bojski!" I don't know what it is, Googling it gave no answers either.  :-[

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics?

Reiter

Hah! Well, the program 'Noah's Island' is about a drifting volcanic island, and the polar bear Noah that finds it and becomes its captain. He assembles a crew out of all sorts of animals who come to the island after circus boat ship-wrecks and so forth.

One of captain Noah's merry men is a sort of Russian shrew called Sasha. His 'catch-phrase'?

'Hojski bojski!'

He said that at any opportunity, I seem to recall. And ended all his sentences with '-skij', I think. It was a long time ago. It may be different in English.

Cassiebsg

I see, I thought it was another show...  :-[

Anyway, not Grimm's either.

Cassiebsg

Snarky

It does look very familiar, but it's not something I can remember the name of.

Cassiebsg

Not sure where it aired, I know for sure it aired in Portugal and for sure in Germany (since the ones I have, have the intro in German)...

Maybe this will help a bit:

VampireWombat

The art style looks like it was possibly animated in Japan in the late 70s/early 80s. And the setting would appear to be the US or Canada.

I'm pretty sure it's wrong, but the only thing I can find info on that checks all the boxes is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Tomu Sōyā no Bōken.

Cassiebsg

It's not Tom Sawyer, but everything else is spot on.  ;)

A few right key words on Google and you should be able to find some pics of the show... At least now I know how it's called in French.  (laugh)

Frodo

Cassiebsg

If you mean this show https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488816/ , then no. Like VW said it's from late 70s.

Frodo

Ack. I was looking for 'tv programme animated japan 1970', so don't know why that came up.  Sorry.   :embarrassed:

Snarky

Monarch: The Big Bear of Tallac

It occurred to me that it resembled the Heidi anime, so I figured out it must be one of the World Masterpiece Theater productions by Nippon Animation. Edit: Actually it turns out I read the Wikipedia article wrong, and this was never part of that series, but it did the trick. (I didn't watch any of these shows as a child, but I was a big fan of Dogtanian from the same studio.)

Cassiebsg

Yup, that's the one.  (nod)
I knew it all my life as "Jacky"... and now as Jackie and Jill: The bear of Tallac. (Jacky is the name of the brown bear, and Jill is his sister, the lighter colored cub)

Snarky

Back to something more… contemporary?

Sinitrena

Complete guess, because I haven't seen it yet (it's on my watchlist) Bridgerton?

Snarky

Hah! That was what I was trying to trick you into guessing.  ;)

Though I thought it might take this screen to do it:

VampireWombat

I think that's Nicholas Hoult in the wig in the first image. If so, that would mean this is probably The Great. Which I haven't seen, but I've seen enough commercials for to know Nicholas Hoult was in it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk