Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 18/10/2021 03:16:38
Is that a grown-up Hobbit?!
Is this that LOTR spin-off series?

No, but we are firmly in the genre of (historical) fantasy. I haven't posted a picture of the lead character yet, which I reckon would make it all too easy.

Mandle

heltenjon

No, but it _is_ a female lead.  ;)

heltenjon

And here she is.
Spoiler

[close]

Frodo

I don't know what it is, but the screenshots really catch my interest.   :smiley:

Sinitrena

Cursed

Without having seen it (yet) but the sword gave it away.

heltenjon

Yes! Cursed is correct!

While not exactly a must-see, the show delivers some stylish entertainment and provides another spin on a familiar tale and some familiar characters. What if a woman wielded Excalibur instead of Arthur?

Sinitrena, you're it.

Frodo

Ack, I really want to see it, but it's only on Netflix, which I don't have.   :sealed:

Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 21/10/2021 22:45:43
Cursed

Sinitrena

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 22/10/2021 09:40:02
Ack, I really want to see it, but it's only on Netflix, which I don't have.   :sealed:

Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 21/10/2021 22:45:43
Cursed

I'd invite you to watch it with me, but that's probably a bit far to travel (and there's still this annoying pandemic...)  ;)

Next one:

Spoiler
Difficult screenshot, but the show is probably well known (at least in theory)
[close]

Mandle

Sinitrena

How did you get The Witcher from this picture? I mean, it's correct and it's your turn, but how did you get it?

Mandle

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 23/10/2021 09:36:26
How did you get The Witcher from this picture? I mean, it's correct and it's your turn, but how did you get it?

Oh, wow! Probably because I have only watched the first episode so this image, or one very like it, stuck in my mind. I believe this is the opening scene of the first episode of a gloomy bog and suddenly a monster comes shooting up out of the water and we see that a man is fighting it. It was a visually impressive image that pulled me in. Unfortunately the rest of the episode didn't hold my attention quite as well and I never continued watching. I may go back to it at some point though.

New pic coming soon!

Mandle

TheFrighter

I'll try...  Picnic at Hanging Rock (the series)?

_

Mandle

Quote from: TheFrighter on Mon 25/10/2021 17:52:53

I'll try...  Picnic at Hanging Rock (the series)?

_

Hahaha nope...

Mandle

I will post another pic later today.

Pax Animo

Tremors (TV series)

Bit of a long shot, I was watching the movie the other day and wondered if they did a TV show which after a quick google, they did, (It's probably terrible)

Daylight desert type mountains just reminded me of the movie.
Misunderstood

Mandle

Nope... here is another pic:

heltenjon

Hmmm...guy in a cape? Seinfeld?

Mandle

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 30/10/2021 13:20:13
Hmmm...guy in a cape? Seinfeld?

BINGO! You saved me from having to find another shot that wasn't of one of the iconic locations of the show. I was probably gonna go with the Jon Voight bite scene.

So, your turn and by the way would you agree to wear this shirt on The Tonight Show tomorrow night?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk