Futurama game

Started by LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H, Thu 17/04/2003 14:28:01

Previous topic - Next topic

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

I just read that the new futurama game was originally gonna be a point n click, but it got turned into a platformer cuz no one buys them anymore. how much better would a futurama point n click adventure have been than another crummy 3d platform game. idiots
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

veryweirdguy

True, it might be better as a point 'n' click, but then it would probably have only sold 3 copies. I'm still looking forward to it ;D.

Eggie

I have thought for a long time now that Futurama would work well as a point and click....

There's just somthing really appealing about the idea.

Hopefully when Adventures start to sell again it will be made...

Or maybe some fan will make it.

Rincewind

This makes me sad.
Futurama and Point n' Click sounds like a gift from god - But nooo, they're gonna do a platformer... Hmpf...  ;D
(I had the same feeling when I read that article about Broken Sword 3... "Point n' Click is dead"... Bah...)

BOYD1981

i think it's because most games players these days are young kids that would really understand adventure game puzzles, so they just prefer pretty graphics and repetative gameplay.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Eggie

I disagree.

Nearly all the newer point and click games are aimed at kids. Example: Spy Fox.

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

i still think theyll only sell about 3 copies. surely no one actually buys those crappy cartoon tie in platformers
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

Privateer Puddin'

who was it that made an excellent fry sprite ages ago?

auhsor

Woot, a futurama game. Pity they cancelled the show.

Privateer Puddin'

Didnt Cartoon Network pick it back up (atleast re-runs) with family guy as there adulty stuff?

auhsor

Quote from: custard on Fri 18/04/2003 09:50:01
Didnt Cartoon Network pick it back up (atleast re-runs) with family guy as there adulty stuff?
Yeah, but they arn't making anymore episodes. See http://www.gotfuturama.com/
Futurama just happens to be my favourite cartoon, but we dicussed that ages ago.

magintz

:'(

i wannit i wannit i wannnnniiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

why does the genre have to die, can't we just make it some sort of zombie genre, that keeps coming back needing soft, sticky brains.....
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Scid

Darn it. First they cancel the tv-show, and now they cancel the adventure game. Never mind that it's the greatest, funniest, best thought out television show ever.

That's like telling michelangelo he has to paint boobs over his majestic work on the ceiling of the vatican chapel because that'll appeal to the viewers more.

Damn this unnapreciative world. Damn it!
Those who can, do, and those who can't brag about how they do it at least fifty times a day somewhere on the internet.

Quickstrike

Michelangelo would do it, too!  He hated that fresco!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

rodekill

SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Quickstrike

Bender, our faveroite alcholholic ;D
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Esseb

Custard: Ei8th did.

Flippy_D

Actually, the game has been getting some pretty favourable previews, unlike most tie-in's.... the same goes for the coming Matrix game... both are very work intensive, and to tell the truth, they both look quite good.

veryweirdguy

Flippy: That's what I thought. I am looking forward to both.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk