[Solved] Convert MIDI to MP3/OGG

Started by Radiant, Sun 02/07/2017 08:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Does anyone have experience converting MIDI to MP3 or OGG format? As far as I know, MIDI is essentially note script and converting it requires finding the proper instruments, and instruments may depend on the playback device or settings or whatnot. So basically I'm looking for a kind of "default" set of instruments since we don't exactly know which they are otherwise... can someone advise me please?

Click'd

You could play the MIDI and record it to mp3. Not elegant but works.

NicolaGs

There are Soundfont, which are instruments samples banks, that allow you to playback your MIDI files in various software, without having a high-end MIDI sound card. Many of these sound fonts are free.

I personally use Foobar2000, that can play MIDI files with these sound fonts and then convert them to OGG.
You just have to set up Foobar MIDI plugin to use a particular SoundFont for MIDI playback (I recommend WeedsGM3, which is free and has good quality ; I think FluidSynth is free and good too). By playing the MIDI file, you can check if the intruments quality suits you.
Then, you use the Foobar internal convert to create your OGG file.

My first game : I Want Out!

Dualnames

You can do this online if u don't feel like downloading anything. www.zamzar.com/convert/midi-to-mp3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Radiant

AnasAbdin

danielwebs

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 02/07/2017 08:30:44
Does anyone have experience converting MIDI to MP3 or OGG format? As far as I know, MIDI is essentially note script and converting it requires finding the proper instruments, and instruments may depend on the playback device or settings or whatnot. So basically I'm looking for a kind of "default" set of instruments since we don't exactly know which they are otherwise... can someone advise me please?
There are several converters which you can use to convert mp3 to midi, most of them are online and some of them are offline as well, you can check this article https://youprogrammer.com/mp3-to-midi-online/ as well to check the process of conversion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk