The beer thread

Started by milkanannan, Mon 03/07/2017 15:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: dactylopus on Thu 21/02/2019 08:29:36
My most recent beer was a Scofflaw Double Basement IPA:

[imgzoom]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/98939d35c9a6904c47df963ed832102b/5CF1CA09/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/s640x640/49857083_408460689720057_8348169461792949179_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com[/imgzoom]

Delicious, and 10.5% ABV.

Scofflaw Brewing Company has some good beer.  Basement IPA is good at 7.5% ABV.  They also have a version called POG Basement (POG stands for passionfruit, orange, and guava) that is mighty tasty.

You may notice by reading my posts that I live in the Atlanta, GA area.  There are a lot of great breweries here.

Sounds great. Yeah I like this age of independent breweries.  :P

NickyNyce

I've been drinking Samuel Adam's Boston, And a few others made by Samuel Adam's. I used to drink lighter, more watered down beers. I look back now and I get the shivers. So glad I tried something different.

mkennedy

Beer must be an acquired taste, when I tried a pomegranate flavored beer I didn't care for it, though it probably didn't help that the beer was room temperature instead of cold.

milkanannan

Quote from: mkennedy on Wed 27/02/2019 09:57:57
Beer must be an acquired taste, when I tried a pomegranate flavored beer I didn't care for it, though it probably didn't help that the beer was room temperature instead of cold.

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't help. I can't think of any beer that tastes nice at room temperature.

Was that the only time you tried beer?

Khris

Start with a chilled Lager, ideally from Germany or the Czech Republic.

Ghost

An argument can be made that pomegrenade is an aquired taste  (laugh)

Found this fancy little trio in a local supermarket.

Tasty stuff. Pretty strong for beer (around 7.5 revolutions), but man. Dark and tasty. I glued a cog to my glass to drink in style.

Danvzare

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 01/03/2019 14:10:41
I glued a cog to my glass to drink in style.
That reminds me of a song.  :-D

mkennedy

Quote from: manifest on Fri 01/03/2019 05:32:07

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't help. I can't think of any beer that tastes nice at room temperature.

It was indeed the only time I ever had beer.

milkanannan

Quote from: mkennedy on Sat 02/03/2019 03:44:36
Quote from: manifest on Fri 01/03/2019 05:32:07

It was indeed the only time I ever had beer.

Oh wow, well yes I guess luke warm pomegranate beer would turn someone off for good. Reminds me of the time I had a luke warm Spitfire ale. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Undrinkable. (When cold a very nice beer!)

If you're willing to give it another go, follow Khris' advice. An idea might be to get yourself a well known lager (something pop culture has given a thumbs up might be the best introduction as not too complicated for the taste buds - Amstel, Heineken, Foster's, etc) and make sure you serve it cold this time!  :P

milkanannan

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 01/03/2019 14:10:41

An argument can be made that pomegrenade is an aquired taste  (laugh)

Found this fancy little trio in a local supermarket.

Tasty stuff. Pretty strong for beer (around 7.5 revolutions), but man. Dark and tasty. I glued a cog to my glass to drink in style.

Interesting cans! I'm glad the beer turned out OK. Once in a while, I'll pick up a handful of beers simply for their unique marketing approaches, but it's really a crap shoot whether they are going to taste nice. For example, there's this Canadian brewer called Flying Monkeys (http://www.flyingmonkeys.ca/). Really elaborate cans, but the few times I tried them have been disappointing. This one is sort of a flat, drab, mildly fruity offering (not recommended):

milkanannan

I've really been enjoying this Aussie offering lately. Brewed in bottle, so they've got a natural cloud and bit of sediment. Really classic flavour and very nice colouring:

Mandarinas45

beer gives you belly n' bewbs. Ewwww T_T
Cheers mates <3

dactylopus

Been growing tired of the Orpheus Transmigration I talked about earlier.

Lately, I've been drinking Wicked Weed's Pernicious IPA.  Yum.

Not as strong, but much tastier, and it has a gorgeous label style:

milkanannan

Thanks, I like recommendations. I look for it.  :=

Danvzare

I tried one of these recently:

I can safely say that I still detest the taste of alcohol.
I binned it after one sip.  (laugh)

dactylopus

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 18/07/2019 18:26:10
I can safely say that I still detest the taste of alcohol.
I binned it after one sip.  (laugh)
The label is cool, but I'm not a big fan of porters.

milkanannan

Full marks for can creativity. Please tell me it didn't actually taste like marshmallow?

Danvzare

Quote from: man n fist on Fri 19/07/2019 11:27:36
Full marks for can creativity. Please tell me it didn't actually taste like marshmallow?
No, it tasted nothing like marshmallow. If anything, that would've been an improvement.
I would love to describe the taste, but alas, I'm terrible when it comes to describing the taste of alcohol, since they all taste the same to me.
Thankfully my sister also had a sip before I binned it, and she does like alcohol, her description of it is: "F***ing terrible! It was bitter and strong, and had a 'gone off' taste. And it tasted like it was burnt or something."

dactylopus

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 19/07/2019 16:42:39
Quote from: man n fist on Fri 19/07/2019 11:27:36
No, it tasted nothing like marshmallow. If anything, that would've been an improvement.
I would love to describe the taste, but alas, I'm terrible when it comes to describing the taste of alcohol, since they all taste the same to me.
Thankfully my sister also had a sip before I binned it, and she does like alcohol, her description of it is: "F***ing terrible! It was bitter and strong, and had a 'gone off' taste. And it tasted like it was burnt or something."
That's how I would describe a porter, myself.

Khris

I was in Croatia recently and came to really like its No1 beer,

Pretty similar to German lager, and they have it in plastic 2l bottles  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk