The beer thread

Started by milkanannan, Mon 03/07/2017 15:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: Khris on Sat 20/07/2019 12:16:22

...they have it in plastic 2l bottles  :-D

Thank God for that. Now anyone can drink on the go!  (laugh)

Atelier

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 18/07/2019 18:26:10
I tried one of these recently:

[Stay Puft]

I can safely say that I still detest the taste of alcohol.
I binned it after one sip.  (laugh)

I love that! Honestly my go-to if it's on tap. Can understand why people feel the opposite though. The roasted (burnt) taste is inherent to porters because they're brewed with brown or black malts.

Otherwise: anything with the letters IPA after I don't touch with a barge-pole ;)

Cuiki

I call this the happy beer. It's kinda strange but I always get put in a better mood after I drink it.

Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

milkanannan

Nice. Such a curious packaging too with the bottle that looks like it is made of clay pottery.

milkanannan

Probably has been posted before (perhaps by me?  (laugh)), but I’m enjoying an Erdinger and a sunset at the moment:

LimpingFish

Drinking one of these at the mo'...

...is nice.

A lot of restaurants I've been to recently seem to carry it, along with Peroni.

Peroni's also a decent beer, although (if you can get it) I suggest trying the...

...which is very nice.

Unfortunately, I've only ever been able to get it in the restaurant setting, and even those that do carry it, rarely seem to have it available over regular Peroni.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

TheFrighter

Quote from: LimpingFish on Wed 11/03/2020 23:02:30

Uh! Those are the most popular beers in my country, you cand find it in every supermarket! And you are telling that are carried in restaurants? I'm amazed!  8-0

_

cat

Drinking one of these at the mo'...

...is nice.

This reminds me of Mittens Italy. Sweet memories...

Ponch

Just cracked open one of these for lunch.

LimpingFish

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 13/03/2020 08:50:03
Uh! Those are the most popular beers in my country, you cand find it in every supermarket! And you are telling that are carried in restaurants? I'm amazed!  8-0

Yep, Moretti and Peroni would be commonly suggested in a restaurant here (in my experience, anyway), along with various craft beers and such. Regular Peroni would also be widely available at retail, with Moretti less so but not uncommon, but Peroni Gran Riserva is much harder to find.

Quote from: cat on Fri 13/03/2020 09:06:57
This reminds me of Mittens Italy. Sweet memories...

Drinking reminds me of Mittens in general. :-[

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

milkanannan

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 13/03/2020 17:13:43
Just cracked open one of these for lunch.

Allo allo these look interesting. What's your take on them? Any good?

milkanannan

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 13/03/2020 08:50:03

_

Haha seriously? Regular Peroni is available in most beer stores I've been to around the world (even China!), but I can honestly say I've never once seen that Bianca version! Does bianca mean white?

milkanannan

Anyone having a cheeky one or two as we tell 2020 to f*ck off this evening? Got myself a nice cold pint of Stella here. :P

BarbWire

Can't stand the taste of beer, milkanannan, so the cheekiest I will get to telling 2020 where to go, is with a cup of tea topped up with a tablespoon of whiskey.
Anymore than that and I would be flat on my back  :)

Danvzare

Quote from: BarbWire on Thu 31/12/2020 14:12:52

Can't stand the taste of beer, milkanannan, so the cheekiest I will get to telling 2020 where to go, is with a cup of tea topped up with a tablespoon of whiskey.
I personally can't stand the taste of alcohol altogether. But with that being said, there is some Dandelion and Burdock alcohol I like to get around this time of the year. When you put a bit in a glass and top it up with actual Dandelion and Burdock, it makes the Dandelion and Burdock taste even more like Dandelion and Burdock.  :-D

milkanannan

Hey those options sound OK too, guys. (Sorry for the delayed reply!)

I'll be reaching for a Kirin shortly. I don't think I've had one since we left East Asia many years ago!

milkanannan

Countdown to Obi-Wan finale (please no spoilers) and an ice cold Victoria Bitter!

milkanannan

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 01/01/2021 14:58:53
Quote from: BarbWire on Thu 31/12/2020 14:12:52

I personally can't stand the taste of alcohol altogether. But with that being said, there is some Dandelion and Burdock alcohol I like to get around this time of the year. When you put a bit in a glass and top it up with actual Dandelion and Burdock, it makes the Dandelion and Burdock taste even more like Dandelion and Burdock.  :-D

Revisiting your comment. I really want to try this! Probably quite bitter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk