Mysterious House

Started by SergioAntonio, Fri 15/09/2017 12:22:39

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioAntonio

Hi I decided to make a very short/simple game somewhat based on Sierra's Mystery House.
I did this to test AGS game making out.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2191/

You get an invitation to play a game: Find a million dollars hidden in a house and its yours... a somewhat of a remake of sierra's Mystery House.

Please download and test it out.

Thanks

CaptainD

Congrats on the release!  I never played the original, will give your game a go when I get some time.

SergioAntonio

Thanks, I will upload an update version later on for a very small bug I found.
but if you find any bugs let me know.

again, thanks for trying the game.

Shadow1000

I played the game. Nice concept and I really enjoyed the graphics. I found the game on the simple side so it might be a great choice for players who are newer to the adventure genre.

There are a few areas you can tweak the game to take it to the next level. Verb-coin is a good choice for games where you might want a wider variety of interactions with objects rather than simply right click to look and left click to use/take/interact. However, there are very few interactions in this game. Almost nothing you do has some reaction from the game other than the actual actions to complete the game. So you might want to either forgo the verb-coin OR activate more descriptions when you Look or Use items that have no effect or both :)

Sound effects would really dress this game up as well. Lastly, I realize that the game is in first person but a bit of animation would enhance the environment.

Otherwise, an enjoyable first game with great visuals. I didn't come across any bugs.

Good luck on future projects!

SHADOW

SergioAntonio

Thanks for the feed back.

I know the game is very simple, it was meant as me testing the waters when it come to making something in AGS. the next game will be more complex and longer.

Thanks again for the feed back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk