Program for making backgrounds

Started by ramon82, Wed 16/04/2003 06:55:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ramon82

I am planning to make a kick ass game once I finish my exams however I need a program which could create gorgeous backgrounds for my games....you know adding effects to colours etc...I think you know what I am talking about.

Any programs out there ??
Live today and forget tomorrow

n3tgraph

well here's a list:

- MS Paint
- Paint Deluxe (or deluxe paint whatever)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Paint Shop Pro
- Corel Draw

For yer vectors:
- Macromedia Flash
- Adobe Illustrator

And probably tons of other good and cool maybe free or expensive programs :)

succes
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Quickstrike

I use Adobe Elements (a cheaper version of Photoshop)
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Punch

It all comes down to your skills, however. There is nothing that can be done in Photoshop with filters that couldn't be done in Paint if you were a freaking psycho art god who had twenty spare years on his hands. My almost point is that there isn't a program that will magically make your backgrounds look good.

There is, however, Instagame :D

- Punch

Quickstrike

Yet Adobe products have "Lens Flare", a must for all AGS users.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

n3tgraph

a real must that is ;)

I don't use photoshop for the filters - they make your picture look flat, flat flat and flat

I use photoshop for the easy zooomfunction and for the layers mostly ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

scotch

I use Photoshop for the great brush engine.. useful for high res BGs.
Anything that supports layers and can paint ok is fine imo. Depends on the style you want though.

Pet Terry

I remember Deluxe Paint & Deluxe Paint II are free to download, aren't they? Where can I download them? It's good to have couple of different programs if your favourite program doesn't have some ability which can be found on some other program.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk