Sprite Jam - Proxima Centauri b - Closed!

Started by CaesarCub, Mon 17/07/2017 21:41:58

Previous topic - Next topic

CaesarCub

Proxima Centauri b
Making First Contact

About 4.25 light-years from Earth sits a red dwarf called Proxima Centauri.
Around this star there is an exoplanet called Proxima Centauri b, right within the habitable zone.
We can only wonder what kind of life inhabits this planet.

Your job is to help us catalogue what species roam this distant place.

Guidelines:

• The alien creature can be humanoid, but should not be human, be creative.
  • The creature should have a description that tells us something about the species.
  • There are no limitation on palettes or styles. Animations are welcome.

Once all creatures are presented by August 1st a panel of xenobiologists will decide which of these creatures is more likely to be found.

And the winners are:

01 - Blondbraid - Eepuot

02 - Rocchinator - Revernauts (v2)
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/DgHF1CN.png[/imgzoom]03 - Izera - Antititties

03 - Nixxon - Teleported Creature

Rocchinator

Izera

Blondbraid

This furry creature, known as the eepuot,
is a parasite feeding of the brainwaves of their preferred host by
attaching themselves to their host's scalp. Any waste produced by
the creatures metabolism is radiated directly into the host's brain,
known symptoms are intense feelings of narcissism and heightened
territorial instincts.

CaesarCub

Blondbraid, that creature is positively frightening and scary. Alien and yet somehow familiar... I just can't put my finger on where I have seen it before...

Great entry :D

Rocchinator

Izera

Species Name: Antititties

Desccription: Named after their similarity to earth ants, members of the Antititties species are mostly female (over 90% of population). They are very intelligent, but also very conservative. They value their cultural heritage and refuse to ever change their primal and primitive way of life.

Habitat: Underground colonies and small surface areas near them.

Threats: Although peaceful in general, they are very strong and get angry easily so it's better to watch your words when engaged in direct contact. However, they also have a soft spot for males of any intelligent species they encounter, getting shy and quiet in their company, not able to hurt them. There were reports of abducted men that were visiting their lands, but planet authorities weren't able to confirm any links to Antititties.

Yay! My first contest entry :) I'm mostly happy with this one (the shading still seems a little bit flat to me though). I might animate it at some later time :)

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/hLzQ8mF.png[/imgzoom]Also here's a zoomable version (I don't know which one is better/preffered to post :) )

horusr

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/CrMQX8p.png[/imgzoom]

Baltoon is some peaceful creature who lives on upper parts of mountains.
They are too shy (and too busy with holding hot air inside their head) to talk and will blow strongly to fly fast if you get close to them.
They can fly by with holding their breath and heat air up.

Rocchinator

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/LSEhdLX.png[/imgzoom]

Name: Revernauts (or commonly known as "Life Bringers" or "sons of god" )

Description: Despite their scary aspect they are peacefull creatures, they are the reason of all the existing elements in the universe, beacause they create them. Through their whole life (around 1000 years) they shelter and create millons of elements, materials and sometimes new life forms, compacted in their bodies, when their are about to die they travel far in the space and they explode in a supernova freeing all the elements into the galaxy. They don't talk, they comunicate by telekinesis. They don't bother anyone, so Don`t try to hurt them, they are super powerfull, no matter how strong you are, these creatures are in a whole superior level.

Habitat: They don't eat or drink but they need sun all the time, so they are constally traveling though the globe searching for this source.(and yes they dont't sleep)

Mandle

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 18/07/2017 16:43:26

This furry creature, known as the eepuot,
is a parasite feeding of the brainwaves of their preferred host by
attaching themselves to their host's scalp. Any waste produced by
the creatures metabolism is radiated directly into the host's brain,
known symptoms are intense feelings of narcissism and heightened
territorial instincts.

"Your anagrams are showing, doctor."

Or rather, your semordnilaps are showing...

(I had to look up what a word spelled backwards to create a new word is called, and amazingly it's "semordnilap", in itself a semordnilap of "palindromes"... Word geeks are geeky... (laugh) )

This entry gave me a great laugh, and the colouring is perfect!

Danvzare

Quote from: horusr on Tue 18/07/2017 23:16:28
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/CrMQX8p.png[/imgzoom]

Baltoon is some peaceful creature who lives on upper parts of mountains.
They are too shy (and too busy with holding hot air inside their head) to talk and will blow strongly to fly fast if you get close to them.
They can fly by with holding their breath and heat air up.
Reminds me of the enemies from Bomberman.

Also, while I know that the eepuot are supposed to be referencing Trump, I can't help but notice the similarity to an episode of The Simpsons as well.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Ops, Accidental Post, delete at will!

Izera

I thought it was obvious that it was based on Trump judging by its description :)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

oh.. um.. you know i was meant to post this along with another pic in the funny pics thread.. i just clocked i posted this one in here, i think i had this thread open on another layer while getting the image and must have just replied to this without thinking.. my bad! I shall move it over there.

Mandle

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sun 23/07/2017 11:52:10
oh.. um.. you know i was meant to post this along with another pic in the funny pics thread.. i just clocked i posted this one in here, i think i had this thread open on another layer while getting the image and must have just replied to this without thinking.. my bad! I shall move it over there.

Why? Bring back the image in here in your original post...

It's hilarious and not breaking any rules that I know of...

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 23/07/2017 15:47:58
Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sun 23/07/2017 11:52:10

Why? Bring back the image in here in your original post...

It's hilarious and not breaking any rules that I know of...
Agreed, I thought it was hilarious and very fitting for the thread. :-D

Nixxon

Ahhh… Proxima Centauri (b). 4.25 light years you say? That's a fair hike!

We've been using teleportation pads for eons, it's the only way to visit good ol' Proxy B. Sometimes the transit schedules get a little muddled however. :O

Rocchinator

Holy Sh... Nixxon Amazing entrym haha Really good !

I want to Redo my entry, It`s the same description but i redraw the creature.

Name: Revernauts (or commonly known as "Life Bringers" or "sons of god" )

Description: Despite their scary aspect they are peacefull creatures, they are the reason of all the existing elements in the universe, beacause they create them. Through their whole life (around 1000 years) they shelter and create millons of elements, materials and sometimes new life forms, compacted in their bodies, when their are about to die they travel far in the space and they explode in a supernova freeing all the elements into the galaxy. They don't talk, they comunicate by telekinesis. They don't bother anyone, so Don`t try to hurt them, they are super powerfull, no matter how strong you are, these creatures are in a whole superior level.

Habitat: They don't eat or drink but they need sun all the time, so they are constally traveling though the globe searching for this source.(and yes they dont't sleep)

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk