The Father of Zombies died

Started by Danvzare, Thu 20/07/2017 14:03:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

And in case you don't know who I'm talking about. George Romero died on the 16th of July. :~(

While admittedly I don't know of any of his work other than his Of The Dead series. You've got to admit that the guy did make some pretty good films. Night of the Living Dead is not only in my opinion the best film he made, but also the first film with zombies as we know them in it. If it wasn't for Romero, the zombies we know today would probably be called vampires (since that's what they were called in I Am Legend, of which Romero based his zombies on).

May he rest in peace... and hopefully not come back as a zombie, thus bringing about the zombie apocalypse. (laugh)

LimpingFish

As a fan of Romero's work since I was old enough to operate a VCR, people need to look outside the zombie oeuvre to see some of, in my opinion, his finest work. I think my favorite non-zombie Romero flick is "The Crazies", which also happens to feature my favorite Romero sequence:

I'd also recommend "Martin" and "Knightriders".

As an aside, I've been reading comments like "Man, he was old!", "At least he had a full life!", and "Was he still alive?!" 'round the net, and to be honest I'm a little surprised. He was only 77, and I'm saying that without a shred of sarcasm. He smoked liked a chimney though, and he looked old beyond he years for the better part of two decades. But 77 is not ancient, and is, in my opinion, just a wee bit young for people not to say so.

Listen up, horror auteurs! Smoking kills. I'm talking to you, Carpenter!:

At the time this image was taken, John Carpenter was 65. Years old, not lbs.
Cigarettes are not your friend!

Anyhow...R.I.P, G.A.R.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk