Windows10 and Full screen

Started by eri0o, Fri 21/07/2017 13:12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

Hello,

I am having some reports from people (the game artist and musician) playtesting our game that they are having trouble with playing the game in Full screen in Windows 10. I tested the game on virtual machines and had no problem with Windows XP, Windows 7. In virtual machines, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10 didn't launch the game in full screen. The only PC that's Windows 10 I have access to, which is my girlfriend's, the game worked. Has anyone had problems with full screen and Windows10?

arj0n

eri0o

Right, thanks for the info!

If I want to send a game with a fixed configuration, is it just a matter of sending the setup.cfg file and no winsetup.exe together? I can't wait to have OpenGL out of beta :D

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: eri0o on Fri 21/07/2017 17:43:54
If I want to send a game with a fixed configuration, is it just a matter of sending the setup.cfg file and no winsetup.exe together? I can't wait to have OpenGL out of beta :D

Beta with OpenGL is pretty stable, Dave Gilbert already uses that build for his new WIP game and I heard it works for people who had problems with D3D.

Crimson Wizard

I just noticed few PMs Alan Drake sent me when I was on vacation. He sais that enabling Vsync actually makes fullscreen Direct3D work on Windows 10.
Can someone who had troubles with it before check this out?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk