Robo Football (working title)

Started by CaptainD, Fri 21/07/2017 16:37:35

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

We've been working on this for a little while and still have a way to go, but the time seems right to announce our Robot Football Management Game.

Take on the role of manager of Robo Knights as they try to win the Robot Football World Cup! 

Some early screenshots and gameplay footage (missing animations and the AI is a work in progress, but it gives you an idea of the in-match madness).  Even at Slasher's amazing pace this will take some time to get looking and playing right, but we're working on it, and you can guarantee that it will be accompanied by the cheesiest dialogue this side of Sky Sports El Queso Grande.

Dev team:

Slasher - Coding, Commentary
Katschey - Graphics
CaptainD - Design, Commentary

Slasher

Replacement Video for the above has been made and will be replaced when the Capt is about :)

"He's football crazy, he's football mad..." (laugh)

horusr

Cool!
Very cool!
Probably I can't play it when it is out because of low management skills(said the guy who studies bussines management) but looks cool!
Why our team has least cool name btw?

CaptainD

Better video uploaded as per Les' comment.

@horusr - it'll be pretty management-lite to be perfectly honest.  You don't think Robo Knights is a good name?  Aurgh!!! :~(:~( 

AnasAbdin

Ah! For a moment I thought it was a soccer AGS game :-D
I like the management part too! (laugh) (nod)
I have to warn you Katschey and CaptainD! I've worked with Slasher once and I COULDN'T SLEEP HE IS SUPER FAST IN GAMEDEV TERMS :X RUN WHILE YOU CAN 8-0

Hobo

Damn robots! Taking our jorbs! Even footballers aren't safe! :-D
I've wasted a lot of hours on Championship/Football Manager games over the years, so color me interested.
AGSers always keep surprising me, it's certainly not the type of game I expected from this engine.
Best of luck with the development.

Cassiebsg

Looking insanely good! (nod)
Good luck :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

tzachs

Wow, looks really cool, it reminds me of my old AGS football game :)
And it's funny, because I actually wanted for a long time to do another football game where you program the AI yourself and then compete against other player AIs. And I thought that a cool backstory for that would be to make the soccer players robots... Guess I'll need to come up with another backstory if I ever get to making that game. 8-)

Good luck, I'll be watching this.

Stupot

Fun stuff. Can't wait to give it a look.

horusr

@CaptainD it is good name for sure but, Androind Avengers is better name so it looks like not that good name.

Danvzare

As someone who is not at all interested in football, this looks interesting to me.
I can't wait to see this game finished. :-D

CaptainD

@tzachs - I remember playing your game years ago.  There was also that FIFA mini-game from DuzzQuest that got a standalone release - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/166/

@horusr - The name Robo Knights is likely to stick because 1/ I kinda like it and I'm the designer so :-D 2/ I've already done some of the voicing mentioning the player's team name, and I don't feel like re-doing it with a different name now.  If my co-devs turn on me than it might get changed.  We'll see, anyway.

@everyone - thanks for your support!  I feel this is really a football game for everyone, not just those who are fans of the game.  It certainly won't be an in-depth management sim but will hopefully be a lot of fun.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

hehe, awesome idea,  seems to be well executed too! (although I have not played it YET)
The graphics are sweet and the gui is very clean and neat, as should be in a game like this.
I might say the actual players (on the real time pitch) perhaps could be tweaked in someway to make them more clear?

Really well done.

I also spotted a few times on this forum someone (cant remember who now) that had a banner in his signature claiming "First and Only AGS Football Game" lol...  he needs to edit that now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk