Author Topic: help with sayqueued module and background voice act. [SOLVED]  (Read 1042 times)

Hi guys i realized right now that i have problem add speech to phrases said with sayqueued, when i add audio they go out screen in a flash like audioclip is empty. The is a portion of the code
Code: Adventure Game Studio
  3.     if (value==1)
  4.     {
  6.       cVedetta.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&11 ...as I already told you, you're good to go."), aVEDE11);
  8.       cContra.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&3 And the shipment? It's the tally we be agreed on?"), aCont3);
  9.       cVedetta.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&12 Twen'y crates good to go!"), aVEDE12);
  11.       cContra.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&4 We don't be havin' room onboard for that many!"),  aCont4);
  12.       cVedetta.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&13 Rest easy!"), aVEDE13);
  15.       cVedetta.SayQueued(GetTranslation("&14 You'll be gettin' them all within the week!"), aVEDE14);
  17.       cVedetta.SayQueued(" ");
  18.       cContra.SayQueued(" ");
  19.     }
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2017, 15:08 by rmonic79 »

Re: help with sayqueued module and background voice act.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2017, 12:36 »
If you're using this: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=23806
then you need to implement queued voice speech as AudioClip parameter; putting "&123" at the start of the line no longer works.
Fail at Floaty Rog' now!  still having to deal with what games are going through

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2017, 12:54 »
yes i know that doesn't work it's a trace of previous numbering but also remove them doesn't solve the problem. I must study the thread you linked. I think i'm using the previous version.

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2017, 12:57 »
Sorry, I missed that you were already adding the AudioClip. Maybe GetTranslation() is the cause? Does it work without that?
Fail at Floaty Rog' now!  still having to deal with what games are going through

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2017, 13:00 »
No, tried it now, same behave.

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2017, 13:03 »
Just to make sure, aVEDE11.Play(); works fine, right?

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2017, 13:56 »
yes, i tested all. tried also with wav to be sure.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2017, 13:58 by rmonic79 »

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2017, 14:16 »
Open the module's main code, then go to line 170. It should look like this (almost):
Code: [Select]
  if (((this._channel != null) && (!this._channel.IsPlaying)) ||
insert the exclamation mark where I did to fix it.

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2017, 14:19 »
Oh thanks Khris it works fine! :)