The Aftermath - Part 1: Cliffhanger *new screenshot aug 17*

Started by Nixxon, Fri 19/08/2016 07:23:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Creamy

That's some crazy shapes. Can't wait to see this world in motion.

Cassiebsg

Loving it! Very dynamic cover, sure to grab and eye or two!  (laugh)

Oh, is that a dog? I thought it was a rat.  :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bishy

That cover art is great! That said, I can't help but notice how different the protagonist's design is when compared to his game sprite, specifically his shirt's colour and sleeves.  :confused: 

Blondbraid

Nice cover, kind of psychedelic with the purple sky and bent shapes, very dynamic!

But yeah, I agree with Bishy that it's weird that he's different from the screenshots,
and his shirt looks odd, like it's glued to his body or something. Hate to be a nitpick, but I wanted to point that out.

Nixxon

@Cassie - Thank you :) Yep! the mass consensus is that it doesn't really look like a dog at all. Animals have never been my forte`! But I will keep on trucking.

@Bishy. Cheers. You know what? I'd never really considered that too much as often official artwork takes some artistic license over in game sprites. In saying that, I see no reason why this can't be easily revised. I'm still refining the character sprite too. Chicken/egg :P

@Blondebraid. Thank you sir. I'm all about the shapes. Completely agree regarding his shirt! 

I'm going to give this another go!

Bishy

Oh hey, I see you updated the cover art. Looking a lot better now!  :cheesy:

Nixxon

Thanks Bishy,

I just updated to another iteration. I'm still playing with the composition and toying with adding more elements from the actual game.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Nixxon

Hey hey, it's been a while! Life etc. :(

I've got another screen shot (below and in the original post). :)

Cheers.

xBRANEx

It seems like this will be a great game! Very cool!

How much animation will there be in the background? Will the mushrooms flicker a little bit?

Nixxon

Thanks xBRANEx! The plan is to most definitely cram as much ambient animation into the backgrounds as possible :)

SilverSpook

Looks most excellent, as always! Really cool trees, and the eyeball icon is awesome. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk