The Emmet Timeline

Started by Rocchinator, Thu 27/07/2017 20:02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocchinator

Hi There! I will show a new game that I'm Working on It's Called has you see in the Title The Emmet Timeline.

A little bit of what's going to be about...

"The story take place in Boston a generation of Detectives (The Emmets) had one unsolved case since 1942 the first time an unknown man apeared murdered in an Atrocious way, in what looks like a satanic ritual scenario at the Park Station Subway, Detective William Emmet took this case at that time, but It came to a dead end and multiple false leads. In 1984 Same thing happened to his son Detective Dan Emmet same modus operandi same station. And finally 2017, the case reopens one more time, one day that Detective Henry Emmet recives a call from its partner that another murder happened equally like his father and grandfather had. Henry decide to give an end to this case once for all. But when he take look at the files of the case, there are missing so he will have to reocover all the information and gather new one, to solve this heritage family mystery. He will soon or later know this is bigger than he thought"

The game will start with Henry at first but every time he find something, he will be able to recreate a memory or a flashback. (that's why you will be able to play as William and Dan too.) It's going to be a long lenght game. This is fresh but the story its almost done.

Here some Screenshoots

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/bXmi1Sz.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/ZF8dTTW.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/rjo8nO1.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/EAGjA5w.png[/imgzoom]

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Delighted to see your working on a game man!..  And oh it looks so sweet already. The story / flashbacks ideas sound very intriguing too. I really can't wait to see how this develops. Keeping on eye on it for sure!

I have associated your avatar as being an artistic representation of you so much now that playing the game will seem like playing as you lol

Click'd

All of them look like Mel Gibson. Will they be just as mad?
Spoiler
Also, I think the apostrophe in the title goes after the S in that case, since it's about the plural of Emmet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Spoiler
Sorry, it's my inner proofreader typing
[close]
[close]

horusr

Wow they took their eyes from father.
I always loved playing a game set in '40s, that gives you such a good feeling. Better than games set in '80s(except for Vice City, it rocks) and I know it will be just flashbacks but still can't wait!

Fallen Angels! (There will be people yelling this, right* And then they starts to shoot you with ingram)

selmiak

The story sounds very interesting with the backstory spanning generations and occasional flashbacks are always fine :D
The art looks good too!
Best of luck with the production, keep us posted :D

Blondbraid

Sounds intriguing, you have me hooked!

Cassiebsg

I can see the family resemblance. (laugh)

Sounds like a game I would love to play... Intriguing story, cool characters and great art! (nod)

Good luck with it. :-D 
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Thu 27/07/2017 20:25:29
Spoiler
Also, I think the apostrophe in the title goes after the S in that case, since it's about the plural of Emmet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
[close]

Hmmmm... I've been looking up several similar examples like "The Kennedys' Fortune" and "The Hatfields' and Mccoys' Feud" and it seems the rule in the case of plural family names is to drop the apostrophe and the "s" completely, as in "The Kennedy Fortune" and "The Hatfield and Mccoy Feud", and, come to think of it: "The Blackwell Legacy" ;-D

So I think your title should simply be "The Emmet Timeline"

And also: this game looks and sounds amazing and exactly the kind of thing I would rush to play the instant it came out!

Nitpicking:
Spoiler
Forgive my nitpicking but I'm not quite sure of the logic behind the subway station's pillars and roof changing from iron girders to collumns and arches over time. That kind of collumn/arch design in subways usually dates way back even a hundred years or more. And it makes me wonder also: Did they set the collumns and arches around the iron girders somehow or did they systematically tear down each girder and replace it with a collumn before moving on to the next? (otherwise the roof would collapse) And why would they do such a difficult and expensive renovation in either case?
I suppose it could make sense if the station was completely destroyed/collapsed at some point, perhaps from bombing during the war, and then rebuilt from scratch but then I would find myself doubting it would turn out so identical in proportions.
Sorry again. Nitpicking is kinda a hobby of mine (laugh)
[close]

Rocchinator

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the crititics too I will analyse it to improve. About the iron collumn I just picked some images to make my backgrounds from the subways in different years and made my own worlds actually I think one is a station for a line and the other si from other line but same big station.

[imgzoom]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ehJFWb5Srt0/hqdefault.jpg[/imgzoom]

Also the bg are in progress yet I will try to have more things by next week

Mandle

Nice research!

However, yeah, it doesn't seem to me like these are the same areas of the station that changed over time. More likely different areas of the same big station built with seperate construction methods, as you mentioned.

But, like I said, I was just nitpicking. I'm sure it's fine. :)

Riaise

This looks very interesting! Although I agree with Mandle, I think the title would sound better as "The Emmett Timeline". :)

lorenzo

The story sounds intriguing and I love the graphic style! Good luck with the production, Rocchinator.

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Thu 27/07/2017 20:23:16
I have associated your avatar as being an artistic representation of you so much now that playing the game will seem like playing as you lol
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! (laugh)

CaptainD

This looks like a really interesting project.  I love the idea of creating flashbacks from items you find, depending on exactly how that's implemented it could create a really unique feel for the game.

Rocchinator

Working on the William Emmet(1942) Action Bar. I had the idea of Making different Action bars for the three of them. It's going to be their watches depending the character.

I will keep It Simple Look > Talk > Interact and in the Middle that its in the watch It`s going to be the item choosed from the inventory.

Here It's a pic:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/F9KfY3l.png[/imgzoom]

Blondbraid

Is the talk-icon going to be a golden skull?
Now that's pretty metal! 8-)

Hobo

I'm really loving what I see here. I wish you an enjoyable and problem-free development experience.

Dave Gilbert

More games need to take place in Boston. I approve!

AnasAbdin

How did I miss this! 8-0
I knew ever since I saw your avatar there's an awesome game in the making (laugh)
Great work Rocchinator, best of luck finishing this 8-)

Rocchinator

Blondbraid Rocking icon bar isn't it? LOL

Hobo Thanks Man!

Dave Gilbert I've never been in Boston but I like it  I'm learning from the city to make this game so it's a good experience.

AnasAbdin Thanks Man!, I'm willing to have a new BG by today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk