MAGS August "The Bible" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/08/2017 00:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game for MAGS August?

Noah's Quest by Slasher
1 (8.3%)
The Last Supper, A Whodunnit by Mandle
2 (16.7%)
10 Ways From Sunday by HanaIndiana
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Fri 15/09/2017 03:34:20

xBRANEx

It's getting exciting! Looking forward to the games!

HanaIndiana, the protagonist sure gives out a nihilist vibe!

Slasher

At least you have made a start HanaIndiana (nod)

I'm almost done with my game and I hope some of you others are well into your game...

Still plenty of time (nod)

"God did warneth Noah:'Buildeth an Ark made from gopher wood and fill it with two of every animal for it will rain for forty days and forty nights and the world will be cleansed and then reborn...'"

Mandle

This month's lineup is starting to look real exciting!

Slasher

You not in the running then, Mandle?

One less to worry about (laugh)

My game has been completed and I am now testing it....

Additional offers welcome ;)

Slasher

Noah's Quest - released - (V2.00)
"God did sayeth:'Noah, buildeth an Ark made of gopher wood and fill it with two of every animal, for it will rain for forty days and forty nights and the world will be cleansed and then reborn...'"

Help Noah find and take back the animals he needs to the Ark before the heavens open up and the mighty floods begin and the world ends...
Customised Dialog option screens... Animated Snow and Rain (Not add-ons).... Buy and sell items at a market but watch your spending.... Interact, Look and Talk with Inventory Items.... Progress with items you buy, sell or obtain....
Specs: 320 x 200.... 32-Bit.... Direct3D9.... NOT a demo....
Download here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2187/

Mandle

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 13/08/2017 10:14:12
                         Noah's Quest (V1.00)
"God did sayeth:'Noah, buildeth an Ark made of gopher wood and fill it with two of every animal, for it will rain for forty days and forty nights and the world will be cleansed and then reborn...'"

I played this game and really enjoyed it. Most of Slasher's games feature humour, and I think this one may be his first that features drama. This is a traditional "complete the list" game with the additional angle of money management. Great useage of the contest theme.

Well done!

Mandle

Announcing a work in progress:

THE LAST SUPPER, A WHODUNNIT

[imgzoom]https://preview.ibb.co/j9SVpv/Screenie01.png[/imgzoom]

Just started working on this tonight... Hopefully I get it done...

I'm interested lately in trying to code A.I. NPCS that retain their memories so this could be a first basic step...

Slasher

"Who nicked the sausage?" (laugh)

QuoteI'm interested lately in trying to code A.I. NPCS that retain their memories so this could be a first basic step...
Hope you get it sorted out on time.. (nod)

Nice one Mandle......

Riaise

Good idea, Mandle! I'm looking forward to it! :-D

Mandle

Finished fiddly bits with the mouseover regions on each character... Damn... Da Vinci really overlapped these guys to the extreme, with little thought to how game devs in the future would deal with it...

Also... after tracing around each character to define their mouseover region in detail I see where he cheated, especially under the table... Didn't think anyone would look down there too closely, eh, Mr. Vinci?

Oh, and thanks also Leonardo for making Thomas just a head and a hand sticking out from behind James... That is going to piss off the players mousing over his character no end... I had to resist the temptation to edit his raised index finger to the middle one...

I also managed to put in place the code to determine each character's schedule on the day leading up to The Last Supper, select the betrayer and the disciple he has chosen to frame, and place the betrayer and the Roman soldiers that pay him off with silver in the same place at the same time... (Yeah, the betrayer is random each time you play... You can't just choose Judas for the intsa-win...)

On the to do list:

*Make the betrayer lie about where he was at the time of the betrayal.
*Make the betrayer frame someone else for the crime.
*Place at least one witness at the scene of the betrayal.
*Invent at least 10 motivations for the crime, fitting with the biblical source. e.g: Disciple was chastised by Christ for preaching Christ's words under the pretense that they were his own...
*Code a working gossip system amongst the disciples so they share what they know with each other now and then, accurate or not...
*Many, many more things!!!

And lastly, I am thankful for one last thing: I don't have to worry about coding in gender-based pronouns for any text... Despite what Dan Brown might have to say about that...

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

congrats on your release slasher! .. downloading now, will play all the entries when they are in!
Its my fave biblical story, so I am really looking forward to checking yours out.

Mandle, great to hear your in! ... and I love how your also making it a whodunnit too! .. oh man i love a good whodunnit .. this sounds quite ambitious game mechanic wise, i mean for a mags certainly. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

horusr

Wow everyone is going great!
Why did i loose my motivation? I couldnt get it in time for lowrezjam.
All rooms are done and almost all animations done but i just cant do coding the story part.

Anybody wanna help?

Slasher

Noah's Quest (V2.00)

Updates:

Implemented Inventory Window scrolls to top row when bottom row empty.
Added interactions to farmer Abraham.

Download here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2187/

horusr: With 3 games on the boil I can't at this time....another time perhaps (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 17/08/2017 07:00:32
horusr: With 3 games on the boil I can't at this time....another time perhaps (nod)

I know the problem isn't lack of limbs. Is it that you only have three computers?

HanaIndiana

I LOVE whodunits! That's awesome Mandle.
I figured I'd post this here too... just in case. I'm looking for volunteers willing to record dialog for my MAGS.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55150.0

Thanks!

Mandle

I did a little work tonight on the system for setting up the personal relationships between the disciples.

Here is a screenie showing my behind-the-scenes testing of the system that will not appear in the actual game:

This means that Bartholomew and Matthew (disciples 1 and 10 in order from left to right) don't see eye to eye because of a basic clashing of their personalities, and thus have low friendship ratings.

I currently have 6 different reasons for them to be special foes or special friends, but this may increase depending on what I end up doing with it.

If these reasons actually affect gameplay then about 6 is workable. If they are just for flavour then 6 will get repetitive.

I'll just have to see where this takes me down the line...

Oh, and yeah, this isn't a spoiler... Each time you play all of this stuff is randomized...

Cassiebsg

Mandle, may I suggest you move the text above the main image, on all that empty roof space? ;) Or bellow on that "blackness"... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 18/08/2017 19:47:42
Mandle, may I suggest you move the text above the main image, on all that empty roof space? ;) Or bellow on that "blackness"... (laugh)

Cassie, I mentioned above: That's just text for the purpose of checking the game is working properly behind the scenes. It won't be appearing in the game itself.

Slasher

QuoteI did a little work tonight on the system for setting up the personal relationships between the disciples.
Mandle: I really hope you can pull it off (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk