New Game New Mechanics [Action Adventure Game]

Started by notrodta, Mon 31/07/2017 22:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

notrodta

Hi everyone!

My friend and I started developing a new game over the summer. We haven't come up with a name yet, but it will be an action-adventure game in which the player is put on a mission to harvest emotions. Currently it is single player, however, we are debating whether to integrate local multiplayer into the game since playing with friends is generally more fun. Currently, we are focusing on the gameplay mechanics and designing fun and challenging levels.

The gameplay revolves around controlling a bouncing ball that is thrown out and pulled back in.

In order to damage or kill enemies, the player will have to charge up the ball by hitting enemies with it. Once it is fully charged, you can detonate it to do damage.

The player also has a teleportation skill and a jet pack that allows him to fly.

These two mobility skills combined with the ball mechanics allows for a very intense gameplay and challenging levels.

The story of the game will revolve around the player being put on a mission to harvest emotions from defeated enemies, and the reason for doing so will be slowly uncovered through out the game.

So far we have designed a handful of levels with the mechanics mentioned above, and we are working on adding more mechanics into the game. The art aspect of the game is still in progress, so it will definitely look a lot better in the future!

I hope you guys like what you see so far, your feedback would mean a lot to me. We will post a small playable demo soon for those who are interested in trying out the game.

We will try to post our updates here regularly, I hope to take you along this journey with us!

We also created a facebook page, feel free to follow us there as well
https://www.facebook.com/AShortTale/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Umbrella Terms

Looks interesting! From what you've shown, I think the story about harvesting emotions is what sounds most interesting to me, as it seems like that idea can be taken in many directions. Wish you all luck!

cat

Gurok

Sounds like an interesting action game
Perhaps not the most appropriate forum for posting about this
Admittedly, there aren't many good outlets for promotion nowadays
Maybe it'll seem more appropriate when we hear more about the story
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

notrodta

Quote from: Umbrella Terms on Tue 01/08/2017 00:53:56
Looks interesting! From what you've shown, I think the story about harvesting emotions is what sounds most interesting to me, as it seems like that idea can be taken in many directions. Wish you all luck!

Thanks! We are working hard to combine the story and the game mechanics together.

Quote from: cat on Tue 01/08/2017 08:19:51
What is the adventure part of the game?

Sorry, there has been a confusion on my part. This is not really an action-adventure game, this is a story driven action game.

Quote from: Gurok on Tue 01/08/2017 08:43:45
Sounds like an interesting action game
Perhaps not the most appropriate forum for posting about this
Admittedly, there aren't many good outlets for promotion nowadays
Maybe it'll seem more appropriate when we hear more about the story

Hi, I apologize, there has been a confusion on my part. This is a story driven action game, not really an action-adventure game.

I will not be posting on this forum anymore as I was not careful labeling what the genre of my game is. It is a story driven action platformer rather than an action-adventure game. I apologize for the confusion. :X

Edit by cat: merged posts into one

cat

No worries!
I combined your posts into one and moved the topic to the General Discussions (since it is not an adventure game).

Good luck with your game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk