Monster in a jar

Started by Glenjamin, Thu 10/08/2017 23:51:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenjamin

Really awesome feedback guys.

I'm gonna try darkening the silhouette,as well as making a new pose where it's crammed into a skinnier tube, making it stand upright.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

yikes, i totally forgot to get back to you on this, alas I still haven't got anything done, but I do kinda like the reference example Hobo posted too, I think a combination of what you have with that could be interesting.

Glenjamin

I put some work into making the creature more defined

Original>Darker outlines>Darkened image>Full black

Monsieur OUXX

Not commenting ont he sprites above but on the tank shading : it doesn't help that the glass color is almost the same everywhere, except for a very shy slightly lighter shading in the middle. Look at the other animated sprite that was posted earlier : there is a strong reflection on the tank's side, to make it look like glass AND to give it a 3D aspect rather than flat.

About the sprites :
1) I would suggest that you outline, well... only the outline. Not the inner lines (arms, etc.)
2) It doesn't matter if you choose sprite 1, 2 or 3, as long as there is at least one place on the sprite that catches the light, i.e. that's much lighter. Don't try to use too many colors (at the moment I count about 8 colors in your sprite), but use at least one bright color that you put where the object catches the light (on the helmet's front/top for example?)

Glenjamin

I didn't put too much thought into the importance of lighting.

I'll give it another go with some new lighting effects.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk