Jibble

Author Topic: The Witch House  (Read 25689 times)

Re: The Witch House
« Reply #120 on: 11 Apr 2019, 18:25 »
this looks very nice. Just wondering, do I have a dirty mind (I do) or does that sign really say Coffee anal? Must taste pretty shitty lol

8-0 You sure have! Well, there might be others who see it that way too, so I might add a few extra pixels there. Then we can all have a nice coffee AND a donut!

« Reply #121 on: 12 Sep 2019, 10:54 »
Hello there!

It's been ages since I last posted an update, so here's something new for you. I've been working a lot on the game recently, and it's starting to be actually fun to play! Still, a lot of work to be done, mostly because of the non-linear structure of the game, and balancing all the game mechanics and variables.

This is a robbery! This encounter is a random event which may or may not happen. There are other encounters too, and I would love to add even more, but best to keep it simple for now. Walter can try to escape, even fight, and a planned feature is that he can file a report to police, and with some luck get back his money later on. So it's not Game Over when robbery happens. And no, there isn't a fight minigame!

What is going on here? Let's hope it's just a bad dream...

« Reply #122 on: 12 Sep 2019, 11:04 »
Loving everything about this so far! How much longer are you going to make us wait for it? ;)

« Reply #123 on: 12 Sep 2019, 11:16 »
Loving everything about this so far! How much longer are you going to make us wait for it? ;)

Thanks, nice to hear that! Maybe one year more...?  :-D

Matti

« Reply #124 on: 12 Sep 2019, 15:20 »
Take your time! I'm gladly waiting if that means mor features/encounters and better balancing  :)

« Reply #125 on: 12 Sep 2019, 16:42 »
Thanks, nice to hear that! Maybe one year more...?  :-D

Take your time! I'm gladly waiting if that means mor features/encounters and better balancing  :)

How dare you be logical and reasonable! We want pretty game now. :-D

« Reply #126 on: 12 Sep 2019, 17:44 »

So it's not Game Over when robbery happens.

Game Over are possible in this game?

_

« Reply #127 on: 13 Sep 2019, 07:41 »
Game Over are possible in this game?

Yes, if Walter's hitpoints drop to zero before the May-Eve. Ofcourse you gain hitpoints when resting, eating, using medicine or potions. So it's not that easy to die.

« Reply #128 on: 13 Sep 2019, 16:36 »
Can the robbery happen anywhere or is it more likely if Walter is in certain areas? For the fight and escape options is there a random number generated to determine success? The easiest option I would assume would be to hand over all your money, but would it be possible for Walter to store his money and other valuables in his room or Elwood's place and how would the  robber react?
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2019, 18:06 by Darth Mandarb »

« Reply #129 on: 13 Sep 2019, 19:49 »
Can the robbery happen anywhere or is it more likely if Walter is in certain areas? For the fight and escape options is there a random number generated to determine success? The easiest option I would assume would be to hand over all your money, but would it be possible for Walter to store his money and other valuables in his room or Elwood's place and how would the  robber react?

Right now the robbery can happen when travelling at night around Arkham. There is a fancy random room that is generated when the encounter happens. It's quite simple at the moment, the robber might leave you some money by mistake. And if you're broke, there is nothing to lose. Walter isn't a fighter, so that's a bad option unless you have somekind of advantage.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2019, 21:04 by rongel »

« Reply #130 on: 13 Sep 2019, 20:46 »
Right now the robbery can happen when travelling at night around Arkham. There is a fancy random room that is generated when the encounter happens. It's quite simple at the moment, they robber might leave you some money by mistake. And if you're broke, there is nothing to lose. Walter isn't a fighter, so that's a bad option unless you have somekind of advantage.

That makes sense about the fighting, even if Walter did have a knife or even a gun I imagine that he'd have to explain things to the police if he had to use it on some thug. But a fake gun might be enough to scare the thug off, (unless he can tell it's a fake).